NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure you probably cant help because i dont know whats wrong yet. But man i jump in my car and drove 500 feet and a damn CEL came on. Its a 00 GTS so im thinking its that misfire thing. any ideas anyone.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The car is all stock and also i just filled my tank up and put some of that injection cleaner stuff. But i have driven 70 miles since i filled up.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
it could be a number of reason but if you recently fill up with gas, it could be bad gas. Also if the weather changed dramatically it could caust a misfire also cause the ecu just gets overloaded and add more fuel than need or not enough. Go get that CEL checked out and be 100 percent sure what the CEL is throwing. I ended buying a obd2 reader so I can check it if it every happens, :) take it easy and good luck and let us know what is wrong with it. Lates

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay the shop told me the the code was PO300 for misfired. They said they checked out the coils and wires. Everything seems to look good but if it happens again just to bring it back.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thats the same code i got when my CEL went on for no reason. The dealer replaced the fuel injectors and the ecm (its a TSB in Maintenace Section of the board) i would think if your under warranty the dealer would do the same thing, odds are the CEL will come on again. I would print out the TSB http://www.radphys.com/TSB_ECM_CEL.pdf from this site and take it to the dealer if the CEL goes off again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i should add that the car shakes and the rpm drops to one line above 0 and then after a minute or so goes back up to normal, then the CEL comes on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts