NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running 225/40/18 on their celis? I currently have 215-45-17 and it looked small on mine. I saw an EXEL ennio 18s on ebay and thinking about selling my 17s to get the 18s.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
They fill my fender gap! ...But it is too close to rubbing on the fender lip..not sure if anybody else has this problem.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bman: too close to rubbing on the fender lip.... when steering? full steer? half steer? or even on straights? i'm running stock shocks and height.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
i used to have that size when i had 18's. no problems if the drop wasnt too low and offset wasnt bad

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
bman: too close to rubbing on the fender lip.... when steering? full steer? half steer? or even on straights? i'm running stock shocks and height.
This is only in the rear I have problems. I haven't got a full set on yet to actually drive with it..but my spare 18x7.5 with the 225/40 looks like it will hit the fender lip when it travels up. The wheel has a +38 offset and my drop is with tanabe df210..which is 2.2" I believe. Stock height should be no problem..but 18's on stock looks stupid..drop first before you even think about buying wheels.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Oh and full steer no rubbing..again no test drive yet.

·
Ultraviolent
7,921 Posts
x2 on 225/40/18 .............. i ran 245/35/18 and the thinner tire looked nicer, but rode worse and for some reason they picked up nails like a modafvcker

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts
I've got 225/40/18x8 +35mm offset. Perfect setup. The only thing wrong is that it's about 1/2" bigger in overall diameter compared to my stock GT hubs and I am experiencing some shetty MPG ratings with them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It will kill your 0-60. But then again. That wasnt anything to make a fuzz about in the first place:gap:

·
I'm back :)
2,963 Posts
I have them, on 18x7.5 +42 wheels with a Tein S-tech drop. I rub on full turn though.

I heard anything lower profile than 40 rides like ****. I've got KDW2s and they're loud and don't ride as nicely as my stock wheels, but it could be the tires.

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
Bman is your tire on the right way? Its looks like it is on the wrong side of the car. 225 40 18 +48 offset is what use to run and they rubbed when i was turning hard over. I spaced them out a 1/4 inch to fit my bbk and not more rub.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
is it better to get lower offset (35mm), to push the rims more outward (wide body effect) than getting a higher offset (42mm) because they tuck the wheels inside the wells?

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Bman is your tire on the right way? Its looks like it is on the wrong side of the car. 225 40 18 +48 offset is what use to run and they rubbed when i was turning hard over. I spaced them out a 1/4 inch to fit my bbk and not more rub.
Yes it's on the wrong side...that was just test fitting and I just happened to pick the left side.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.