NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of our group is slowly selling their celi's...

I don't have one but I knew eventually it would happen... most of you are car enthusiast so its inevitable.

What will be your next car?

I thought about getting a old school CRX circa 84-87 Si to play with but that's just a pipe dream.

I seriously thought about a Honda Element or even a Hybrid car seeing that gas is so stupid nowdays.

I would consider a Scion TC if it weren't through Servco...

·
Registered
742 Posts
hmmm...probably something more practical and accomodating to the the kinds of outdoor stuff i like to do on my free time. like a SC Sports Edition 4Runner. not the newer models though, the previous generation looks a lot better in my opinion

oh then ultimately...my NSX of course. hahaha. can't forget about that

·
Registered
499 Posts
Already got a new car 2 weeks ago, a Black 2000 Toyota 4 Runner Sport Edition. At this point in my life it suits my lifestyle really well. I can use it to go surfing, tailgating and i dont have to worry about tearing my lip in a steep incline, lol

However i dont think ill ever get the racer cars out of my blood. Maybe one day id like to build an AE86, Silvia, Supra, G35, 350z...

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
I'm taking it back to the old school. Since we have access to so many AE86 parts I just can't resist. I'll keep the Celica until it dies tho I think. I can't see making payments on another new car right now... not to say that the new car market doesn't make it tempting.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's gonna be funny... we will be using this place but none of us will own celicas...

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Something that will pound Clint's car. Nah! just kidding, man!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I really miss my S13. But I most likely will get something with 4 doors. But it still has to be a bit sporty. Who knows.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I've been keeping my eye on the G35 but it's way out of my price range. i think i'm just gonna stick with a bike.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Originally posted by Taesup
I've been keeping my eye on the G35 but it's way out of my price range. i think i'm just gonna stick with a bike.
thats what i was thinking...not the G35...but the bike. i gotta learn to ride some day.
i like the 350z a lot, but i think im gonna go practical and maybe a lil luxury with the next car...and hopefully the celi will still be running so i can play around with it whenvers :)

·
Registered
742 Posts
da808gtsboy said:
Already got a new car 2 weeks ago, a Black 2000 Toyota 4 Runner Sport Edition. At this point in my life it suits my lifestyle really well. I can use it to go surfing, tailgating and i dont have to worry about tearing my lip in a steep incline, lol

that's sweet dude! i don't think i'll be picking one up anytime soon but yeah...same reasons as you

·
Registered
152 Posts
G35 coupe or 350Z...unless Audi comes out with a decent looking coupe. If we're talking unrealistically, then the Aston Martin DB9 or AMV8.

·
Registered
584 Posts
The G35s arent hard to get. My girlfriend bought her's for under $30k. Sport Coupe, MT6 and brembo package. You just gotta come up with the money and know who you're talking to.

Experiencing the G35? The car is awsome on the track. If you're familiar with the circuit and current lap times, I've done 42-43 second laps. The car understeers a lot. I imagine with a set of road race tires and a more manageable suspension, I'll get the car into the 40s, curing some understeer. new brake compound to match too. The car glides over the asphalt with infiniti's luxury trademark. Even with it's somewhat soft suspension, the car holds it's own in the turns. I've held the G flat out in turn-2, sliding at about 9X mph. the car does want to slide a lot on turn-1 and off-camber. Drifting the car is just as fun. The car's heavy weight, good brakes and low end torque make high speed drifts easy. though the car has a tendency to spin out on slow, tight corners. fun nonetheless.

I think I may pick up a 350Z Enthusiast model. I had the chance to test drive my friend's Enthusiast-Z on the track. The car handles awsomely on the track. comparatively, I would think it's a close match between the G35 and the 350Z. It just handle slower turns a bit better. It does need suspension work as with the G35. I like the lower feeling of the 350Z. Kinda makes me feel like I'm back in the Formula Mirage. Confidence inspiring. IMO, the 350Z is a better car for gripping. I've posted consistant 42 lap times. The G35 would be more practical. who knows...I may pick up a G35 of my own instead.

I really depends....I'm working on buying a house. 350Z vs HOUSE. $30k (financed 5 yrs) $115k (Financed 20-30yrs). I'm just building my downpayment to assume ownership of my parents rental unit. The current mortgage is around $2k/mo. It would drop immencely during my term. And because there's two units on the lot, I'll be residing in the smaller Cottage, having the Larger Unit up for rent to generate cash. Maybe I can have both the car and the house....we'll see.

If you guys are getting a bike, lmk so we can ride :gap:

*y0 clint...when was the last time I wrote this much again? :gap:*

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I wouldn't mind an old school 240Z to mess around with or maybe build an older domestic car to drag race.

I'd love an Elise but it's wayyy too expensive!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I don't know what my next car will be. I want an NSX but realisticly speaking...probably end up with a Tacoma and another motorcycle...hopefully the 2005 Yamaha R1. :D

·
Banned
751 Posts
Im thinking of going with the Legacy GT or the STi version when it hits the streets.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts