NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I painted my stock GTS wheels today and before I did, I removed the balancing weights from each one.

I know which weights go on which wheels, but does the exact position onto which they go matter?

And what type of adhesive could I use to secure them to the wheel?

Thanks.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yes it does matter where they go, and you should just have your tires balanced again at a tire center.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I get free balancing/alignment for another year or so, but I just don't want those fockers to scratch my new paint job.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I don't think that they would scratch them unless they were mounting new tires, however I have seen some pretty amazing things accomplished by "certified auto technicians".

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to wait a few days for the paint to fully cure before I go to them. I'm pretty sure when they go to put the socket on the lug nuts they will hit the paint.

They are tools.

·
Registered
175 Posts
slidr said:
I'm going to wait a few days for the paint to fully cure before I go to them. I'm pretty sure when they go to put the socket on the lug nuts they will hit the paint.

They are tools.
Some of them are tools, what they need is a deep socket wrench, if i was you i'd talk to someone from Matco or Snap on to see how much a set of deep sockets would run ya, i think for a full set you're going to be looking at 100-120 atleast. when a tire center puts on tires they put the wheel in this machine and the machine puts the tire on it's not like they pry it on ya know. But talk to those guys and get yourself a torques wrench.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts