NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any know if a wheel 18 x 8 with a 215/35 18 tire will fit my 2003 celica dropped 2 inches with perfect alignment????????

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome brother buying me a pair of Drifz 302mb tire discounters said to use the 35 wall and I am fine with the low pros

·
It is known.
8,236 Posts

·
2,644 Posts
backspacing issues
for example, if you have a wheel that's 18x9.5 +35 or something like that, you run into the inside of the wheel rubbing on the coilover, or stock strut, so you'd need spacers

·
It is known.
8,236 Posts
backspacing issues
for example, if you have a wheel that's 18x9.5 +35 or something like that, you run into the inside of the wheel rubbing on the coilover, or stock strut, so you'd need spacers
So if I found wheels that were 17x7.5 +48 for my own car, I would need spacers then correct?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gjkissel2 Now I Still have a Mac Ferson style strut idk if that's how you spell it will that make a difference the guy at tire discounters said it will on the size of tire I can go or even the size rim, I DO NOT HAVE COILOVERS!!!!! JUST MAKING IT CLEAR PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!?!?!

·
2,644 Posts
i believe for 17x8 +35 will be fine even with struts (not coilovers), i don't know the correct issue with backspacing, all i know you need spacers for wider wheels with high offsets (40s and higher usually)

you should be fine, since the guy who's picture i showed you was on kyb struts (not coilovers), as long as you don't get a huuuuge tire (255 or something), get a 215/40 or 215/35

1 - 15 of 15 Posts