1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it worth spending money on these?
cuz i heard u can just hammer them off

and does each set come wit a diff key?? or all they all the same
doesn't really make sense to have the same key in every set, but i doubt they can make diff keys for every set

·
Registered
458 Posts
I actually have 2 sets of locks on my wheels. I guess Im over protective but for how much I spent on the rims a $20 investment is good. Yes I do know you can hammer it off but it does take time.

As for each set coming with a different key, I have two totally different set because I asked the guy at the wheel shop the same thing and he said they were different. I asked him to show me how are they different and he took two sets and used one key for the other set. It actually worked on the set so I was like screw that Ill take a different set. So its up to you, but it does make it a little more difficult for people to try and steal them unless they tow it...

·
Registered
910 Posts
they towed my car back a few years ago over in brooklyn.....grrrrrrr, but definatly its worth it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
how long does it take for someone who wants to hammer of your locks? i didnt know that someone could do that....and one more question if i use 2 locks will it be alot harder to remove when i need things such as tire rotation?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Of course someone can still get your wheels if they REALLY want them when you have wheel locks. But not having locks at all is just asking for it.

I mean, compare it to a car alarm.. what's the point of getting a car alarm when there are thieves that will get your car no matter how many times the lights flash and the horn beeps? Point is, it will deter a number of them from really trying... the same way wheel locks will.

·
Banned
3,768 Posts
EndlessShock said:
There was a thread a while back (months ago) about someone that got new wheels and the following morning he/she (cant remember) found the car just chilling on blocks :( ...
:rofl: i'm sorry i haven't laughed that hard in a long time...just the way you said it :rofl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts