NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i ordered my gold rota subzero's this week and im going to need spacers im sure. The offset is +45 so will i need 5mm spacers or more than that? Also will i need to get longer studs? if any of you have purchased spacers and gotten a good deal please post the links thank you.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
banana ryce if you get a subie in the future you can just throw the rims you got on it subaru is +48 and 5*100 also, ryce where did you get them and how much im trying to find the lowest possible price. thanks.

·
Registered
918 Posts
the 5mm were like 60 shipped and the 15m were like 97 shipped. the rims are velox pg-5s, thnx my rims were 42 offset so u might need 15 for both front and back to look pretty flush. you should try to measure to see how many more mm u want it to stick out, its kinda hard but it gives u the best idea

·
Registered
785 Posts
this is a reply from the guy tofu refered to:

$100 a pair for the 15mm, $105 a pair for 20mm

+10 shipping

let me know if you find it cheaper

also there are no 10mm

Andrew
Speed Driven Performance
www.SpeedDriven.com

looks like a pretty good price to me considering everywhere else they are about $120-$130

·
Registered
540 Posts
the threads were like 7 months back.. i thought spacer would create too much of a gap on the bolts and creates mroe stress? i dunno i just read it was bad, didn't give too much reasoning hehe. i'll try and look for it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
minhtin said:
the threads were like 7 months back.. i thought spacer would create too much of a gap on the bolts and creates mroe stress? i dunno i just read it was bad, didn't give too much reasoning hehe. i'll try and look for it.
thats why you have to replace the all the studs. If you dont, then yea, they are baaaad.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
there's nothing inherently wrong with spacers...you just need longer wheel studs if you're using thick ones. I think 5mm would be fine with stock studs...15 or 20mm, I'd definitely want some longer studs.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i think ill just get 5mm front and back that will drop the offset of +45 to +40 which is very close to our stock +38 thanks all any good place to buy H&R spacers they are the nicest i think.

·
Registered
540 Posts
so if i replace the studs it'll be fine? won't affect my handling or anything in anyway? humm this is a good thing hehe thanks for clearing that up. now i am gonna make my new wheels flush like beamers heh.

·
Registered
918 Posts
ive heard if u get spacers and bring it out too much past stock, it can damage ur wheel bearings eventually...but if its close to stock, just changing the studs should be fine
Also even my 5mm ones came with studs hehe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.