NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 5385 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Exotic II said:
^If I had to do it again, I would have run 245/4018 instead. I don't think I would have to roll fender.
That rear fender lip looks pretty hard to roll, I don't know if it is or isn't but it certainly feels like that lip is pretty hefty compared the fender lips on my older Celica.

It looks pretty nice and flush though. :thumbup:

I hope to have wheels on my Alltrac looking as nice as yours eventually.
Luckily for me I can fit 17x9 Front and Rear:

·
I am the E in FAIL
1,024 Posts
lpphreakx06 said:
So our wheels should have about the same lip, your low offset makes up for the .5 loss in width. Do you have pics?
I'll have to take some new one's my car is in the shop right now. :(

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Totoy Bibo said:
Ive read somewhere in [Celicatech] that there was a widebody and regularbody for the 5GC? Which one would yours be??
I have a Turbo Alltrac which makes it a Widebody. The only regular bodied Alltracs I believe were only sold in Japan. My GT-S is also a Widebody but it's my beater car and unless we don't end up buying a Subaru next year I won't do much to it short of keeping it running. My Alltrac is what I'm trying to restore and then eventually build up. In case someone doesn't know what that is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Celica_GT-Four#ST185_.281989-1993.29

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
lpphreakx06 said:
Dont have any pics of it on my car, but here a couple I snapped. I didnt realize how much less of a lip 7.5 is compared to 8.5.

G-games 18x7.5 +42 offset

Both
Volk LE28N 18x8.5 +44

Specs on your CE's?
Were you able to put those 8.5 wide rims on the front as well lpphreakx06?

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
mine are small but the lip size can vary just on rim design. i have only 7.5's (will have to change soon) and i think my lip may be larger
then the one on your 8.5's or close to it tuan. But then again they are still small cheap rims :(

BTW very old pic with very old phone :D

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
44 i think. however the design of the tenzoR was to have a large lip so the spokes curve in. this can cause them to hit the front calipers. we took and angle grinder to my calipers to shave just a hair off to stop the slight tick

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
hombredelassrta said:
44 i think. however the design of the tenzoR was to have a large lip so the spokes curve in. this can cause them to hit the front calipers. we took and angle grinder to my calipers to shave just a hair off to stop the slight tick
:AF: That's f'ing crazy!! :crazy2:

·
I'm back :)
2,963 Posts
Nhat179 has 18x8.5s front and rear (not sure of the offset, I think it's +35 or +38) with an s.tech drop, if you're looking for pics. They look nice and sit pretty flush.

·
Registered
547 Posts
it really isnt crazy to do that, my brother did it on his, he could fit a cigerette pack on his wheels, and those things were deepdish, to an extreme. he needed to angle grind a small part of his front calipers on the supra. As as you only take a little bit, youll be okay, no one will ever know :)

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
lol well both those calipers are gone and those wheels are gone. I need to take new pics but current wheels are:

19x8 with a +35 offset. They actually just stick out a hair from the fender so i now have them cambered in so they tuck

21 - 40 of 5385 Posts