NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've really been trying to figure out which wheels I want but it's hard to tell what looks good unless you either see them on your car or the same car the same color. My Celica is carbon blue and I've been trying to figure out whether to go with dark wheels or light wheels. It seems that most people with carbon blue have been sticking with polished or light wheels, but dark wheels intrigue me, especially with carbon fibre accents on the car (which I dont have yet). Then I was thinking to myself, would gunmetal wheels even match with a carbon blue celica? I haven't seen any pictures yet so I don't even know.

Also I have not even come close to deciding on a style. I'd really like to get some suggestions from you guys on what wheels YOU think would look good. I know it's mostly a matter of opinion but I respect most of your opinions and I'd like to get some good suggestions. If you guys need a pic of my car I can try to take a decent one w/ my phone.. its basically stock but lowered on tein springs.

P.S. What do you think about CF accents of a CB Celica? hood scoop, front lip, etc.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
dark looks ok if there is a polished lip. Also, spokes rather than thick bars...
if its all dark, not so good. Personally, I like the polished color, but I've been sticking w/ "light" accents...if you're going to put carbon fiber accents, gunmetal matches...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you guys think of the Konig Trouble?
I like it because it has that dark look combined with polished.. kinda unique... but then again I haven't seen it on a celica yet so it's hard to judge. Maybe not enough spokes?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
damn... im kinda diggin these... or atleast this style

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dragncrosmember said:
Check out Evil Eye's car. He has a black celi with Gun metal wheels. Looks great!!!!!
Oh god, I don't know which wheels are his newer ones but these one are just sexy

maybe no polished lip but i love the way it sets off the car.

his other gunmetal ones look awesome too tho

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Those are nice but almost every company makes a copy of them. I'm not even sure what company makes the originals. I was talking about his Volks. Those things just look bad ass.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I know the volks are 18's. From the looks the ones above are too but not sure. Just PM him and ask. That's the sure fire way to find out the exact size of wheels and tires.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Originally posted by KNanthrup
Then I was thinking to myself, would gunmetal wheels even match with a carbon blue celica? I haven't seen any pictures yet so I don't even know.

This is a picture of my Carbon Blue when I had my gunmetal TE37's. You tell me if matches. :gap:

Originally posted by KNanthrup
damn... im kinda diggin these... or atleast this style
If you like those, I suggest you look at these.

You will not like the price, but let me tell you, everyday you drive it and see it, it makes it that much more worth while.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Dragncrosmember said:
Those are nice but almost every company makes a copy of them. I'm not even sure what company makes the originals. I was talking about his Volks. Those things just look bad ass.
AVS or advan made the originals and are about 500 a piece for 18 inches called model 5. Yes there are plenty of knockoffs made by axis, adr, and others but one of the best looking ones and cheapest are by FLIK Flik lex
KNanthrup, if look at the hot topic on the top of this forum you will see pricing by edgeracing.com for packages and just pm oscar if interested.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts