NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my ADR Cyphers about 2 years ago from wheelsnext. Recently, I hit a pothole in the highway and a big chunk of my lip broke off on one of my rims. Luckily, I purchase the 3 year warranty that will cover $800 of my rims. Anyway, I called up Wheelsnext and told them about my problem. Customer service said they will replace the rim. But here's the problem. ADR Cyphers are discontinued and they don't have any in stock. So what they told me was that they will credit me $200 for my next rims purchase. Basicly they want me to buy a whole new set of wheels. I'm like, what the ****. Shouldn't they give me a new set of wheels or at least credit me $800 for my warranty? What the **** is $200 going to do? Thats less than 20% of the price of most the of wheels on the site. If I don't get my new rims or $800, I'm not doing business with these ****s ever again. What are yours thought? Is this right what they're doing?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
not to be an ass or anything but if 1 rim = 200$ dont you think you should get 200$? Unless you do some kind of used-rim trade in, I dont think you'll be getting the 800$..Did they force you into the pothole? ADR Cyphers are discontinued, so why put the blame on wheelsnext when its out of their power?
Anyways I think you're getting screwed a little, about the you will have 200$ on next purchase credit and not in your wallet, where it came from. They should allow you to do some kind of trade in.. Read their warranty and find out what their "policy" is and if it says anything about discontinued tires.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
:werd: look into their policy and see what u can work. it sucks that as of now that $800 policy you bought doesn't do anything

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
natewan31 said:
:werd: look into their policy and see what u can work. it sucks that as of now that $800 policy you bought doesn't do anything
It covers UP to $800. One wheel was damaged. The ADR cyphers, depending on what size, go for around $200 (the 17"s are a little less, the 18"s are a little more). In all fairness, it's not wheelsnext.com's fault they were discontinued. It unfortunate that they were discontinued, but at least wheelsnext.com has offered you fair price towards the purchase of a new set of rims.

·
Registered
62 Posts
yea seriously. What can they do about it being discontinued? Ask ADR to make some more? $200 is a very fair amount. I got 4 ADR rims 17" for 450 shipped. They aren;t doing anything wrong, ur just expecting too much. Maybe use the 200 to somehow repair the lip, iono . . .

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I had the same problem but not with wheelsnext. I have ADR octane and they discontinued them and a guy hit my car from the side and bent the rim so now im screwed. the insurance company gave me a check for the wheel because they couldn't get a new one, so now I guess its new rims. Last time I buy from ADR

·
Registered
527 Posts
I lost a wheel a few years ago due to an accident and they had slightly changed the wheels. When I got the new one in, it was the odd ball on the car.
See if they can fix the wheel. It is possible and the warrenty you bought should cover fixing the wheel if you ship it to them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts