NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to start the car, opened the car door and alarm sounded. Could not turn it off. Disconnected battery. Read some posts and found out I had to push the little red button left of steering wheel then start the car. Alarm goes off.
Went and bought new car battery and new batteries for key FOB's.

Opened car door, alarm went off, pushed red button and turned key and car started. Drove to get gas. Left drivers door open. Filled car with gas. Drove back home pulled in garage and left drivers door open. Alarm did not reset.

Next day started car. But then closed drivers door and saw the red light blinking on the reset button which mean car alarm reset itself again. Opened door, alarm sounds and had to hit reset button and start the car.

HELP please. I could not find how to fix this issue in the new car book which I had since new in 2004. Could not find repair manual online. Toyota itself nor dealer would send pages of manual. ugh

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,637 Posts
Is this a Toyota alarm or aftermarket?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this a Toyota alarm or aftermarket?
It is the factory alarm.

And UPDATE I found this on Toyo community site to reset key fob which allows key fob to bypass alarm. But you have to use fob to shut off alarm before you open any door or hatch:

Here are the programming instructions for a Toyota TDS ELVAT5G Alarm Key Fob Remote
If you need to clear the ECU Programming Memory of all existing remotes, use this procure.
ORDER THIS KEY FOB PART NUMBER HERE: TDS ELVAT5G Alarm Remote
Print out the Programming Instructions here...
Verify LED button on left of dash is sticking out.
Insert key into ignition and turn to ON
Push LED button six times (on-off-on-ff-on-off)
Horn chirps
Press and hold red button, horn chirps
Push LED two times (on-off)
Horn chirps twice
Press and hold black button, horn chirps
Push LED button three times (on-off)
Horn chirps three times
Push LED button two times (on-off)
Horn chirps four times
Press and hold green button, horn chirps
Turn key off, horn chirps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts