NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious as to what u all have heard about the new AEM intake?? When is it due to come out????? How many of u think it will be better than the previous AEM or Injen?? Thanks in advance!

Justin

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well damnthat sucks cause I was looking forward to getting a new version !!! Oh well forced to go with Injen now I guess which IMO looks better anyways!!

Justin

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
sure they're making it. we just don't know sure when they're going to be available.

·
Registered
198 Posts
MVP Motorsports, who told me they talked to a tech at AEM named Irran, told me it's due out March 14 (tomorrow at the time of me posting this). But we'll see what happens. BTW, the new one is not a version 2 but is called a 2nd generation cai.

EDIT: someone also claims release date around mid april... me getting impatient :popcorn:

·
Registered
292 Posts
DopeCelicaGT said:
I am curious as to what u all have heard about the new AEM intake?? When is it due to come out????? How many of u think it will be better than the previous AEM or Injen?? Thanks in advance!

Justin
they are not making the V2 for our cars because they claim our car has too many bends.
But they are comming out with 2nd gen since lots of people have complained about the aem causing cel due to poorly mounted mafs adaptor. AEM mounts them by hand onto the intake so they tend to be not properly seated. Not all of them are poorly mounted some were lucky.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
The second version is supposed to have been released on the 14th for the GT and for the GT-S I've heard that the GT-S was moved back to sometime in April. I ordered mine a couple months ago I talked to the guy I ordered it from last week and AEM told him it would be here today. I'll probably try and get ahold of him sometime today I can't wait to get this thing in. OH and they are not making a V2 for our car at this time at least that's what I've heard.

·
Registered
204 Posts
i just called them today and they are not making one for our celicas :(

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
yep they don't make V2 for our cars, but they do make the new generation CAI. got it?

·
Registered
138 Posts
i called aem today and they said it will be out in a couple of days

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
ho ho you're tha man RIC3BoiGTS. i did call them yesterday and fu** they kept transferring me one to another. so i just hung up!

that's a good news!!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
man..i wish you people would just use the search button sometimes ;)

NOT THE V2! EVERYone knows that's not coming out. But AEM has been f'n telling everyone due dates for the 2nd gen forever now, and as the date comes up, they keep pushing it out...ridiculous. I've been waiting since they told me end of Jan, the bastards.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm still waiting on mine too. I ordered my CAI in December from MVP... o well. I guess patience is virtue... :popcorn:

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Please patience, my ace, you all need to call and get a refund!!!! Its not coming out, buy you an Injen and be done with it the bottom end doesn't suffer as much as you would think, even in an auto.!!

Justin

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm gonna e-mail MVP Motorsports, see what they say on the release date now. I'll keep you guys updated.

UPDATE: I just e-mailed them... let's see what they reply...

·
Registered
138 Posts
F**K!, jus called AEM 2day and they said it will be out HOPEFULLY by next month with no ETA. Couple days ago, they said it will be out in a few days. My patience is running low, been waiting on this since july.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
AEM service sucks! I called them like 2 months ago asking to give me the CARB sticker and they told me to just mail them a copy of the invoice. But I didn't get any so I asked them again. So I did, but here I am still with no sticker.

·
Registered
198 Posts
RIC3BoiGTS said:
F**K!, jus called AEM 2day and they said it will be out HOPEFULLY by next month with no ETA. Couple days ago, they said it will be out in a few days. My patience is running low, been waiting on this since july.
Yeah, you're not alone :eek:

Anyways, I emailed Dusty from MVP Motorsports and here's the reply I got:

"Hi Sir,

I just spoke with Irran at AEM and he said there is still not an exact
ETA. His *best guess* is 2-3 more weeks. He said he will speak w/ the
product manager tomorrow & try to get a more definite date.

Thanks sir,

Dusty
www.MVPmotorsports.com
817-439-4888"

So it's still being pushed back. I'll try to leak more info from the sponge. ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts