NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
I didnt. It depends on the condition of it. If you wanted to be on the safe side you could get one but its too much work replacing a gasket if you dont need it.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
depends on how many miles u got on ur car...i'm at 65k already, so the next time i change the lift bolts i might as well change the gasket since the car is at half to 100k ..so yeah..

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Its no work at all the change your gasket while you're at it. A good rule of thumb is to ALWAYS replace a gasket when you are working on something that has a gasket. Why run the risk of a pinched old gasket or craked one or even an old one when you can spend a few more dollars to put a new one in. It NEVER made any sense to me why people would go about tearing apart an engine or any part of it to do work and not spend a few extra dollars to get a new gasket.

·
Registered
424 Posts
wat gasket are we talking about when replacing lift bolts? i replaced the rubber one that goes around the edges of the engine, is that the right one?

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Would be that rubber one that goes between the valvecover and head and the small triangular metal gasket of the oil breather tube that connects to the valvecover (just above the alternator). I have reused mine a couple of times already without leaks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts