NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you ever glance over at the next pump to see what the someone else paid to fill up?

started looking after traveling two times from CO to CA and sometimes when i see 30-50 to fill up

·
Registered
417 Posts
I can tell u that my work truck cots about 80$ to fill from a 1/4 of a tank.
And I have seen a diesel semi truck cost about 400$ to fill both of it's tanks.

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Originally posted by DopeCelicaGT
That's what I usually assume but it takes me over $20 to fill mine up and I think that is a lot. Hell, I remember when I first turned 16 I could buy gas (the good stuff) for .89 cents a gallon. Man those were the good old days and that wasn't but like 8-9 years ago. Now it is over twice that. 93 octane here is like $2.05 a gallon. That is crazy. The other day I seen some poor woman driving an expedition and she paid like $75 to feel that damn thing up. It cost about $100 to feel my dad's truck up but it is a dually and has two gas tanks so...! Needless to say gas is getting too damn expensive.

2.05 for 93 octtane? thats pretty good. here in ca where i live, its cost about that much for 89.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
clayrush said:
I can tell u that my work truck cots about 80$ to fill from a 1/4 of a tank.
And I have seen a diesel semi truck cost about 400$ to fill both of it's tanks.
yeah but they go for a long ass time on those two tanks. it equals out

·
Registered
323 Posts
heh lets all go get some v8's, then complain. I was talkin to some dude the other day with one of those ford power stroker trubo trucks and whatever. he s sayin how fast his truck is im like yeah whatever, then i ask him how the gas mileage on the truck, just just got quiet and said around 8 or 9 mpgs. heh i like my 4 banger gas saver.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
humm....lowest premium I've seen around here has been $2.10/gallon. Have a Chevy Astrovan for work...at least $40 each time for 87 octane. Everyone wants an SUV, but noone wants to pay for gas. They put right on the sticker what the mpg is. Since all the hurricanes down here and the cost, many stations have become pre-pay due to theft.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.