NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is a good place to get the windows tinted? How much should i expect to pay around here? Any shops with good prices and quality work? ANy places to avoid?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
try doing it ur self.. its not hard at all.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How big of a pain are the door panels? Difficult to remove? Also, is the hatch glass a problem? I know on myany cars the rear glass is a pain because of its size and curve.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
hatch is easy... door panels do not need to be removed

the small triangle windows are the easiest so if u really wanna take it to a place to get it done atleast do the small windows ur self so u can save some money

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
oh and get a california water blade. works great to lay out the tint

·
Registered
158 Posts
i had mine done at Quality Tire in woodbridge.. cost me little under 200$ for 20% all around..

Quality is excellent.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For DIY, what is the best tint to get and where can it be purchased?

I am looking at 50% or 35% and would rather spend more $ on good tint than to cut corners.

I have tinted jeeps in the past with SunGuard (I think). whatever I used was the most expensive product that they offered. Was I on the right track there? It has been years, so I do not even know where to get it. That place has long since gone out of business.

·
Registered
553 Posts
1. I was quoted anywhere from 140 - 240 to do a tint job. They said the price varies depending on material? Is this true?

2. Also, my friend got her car tinted for about 130 at this one place. They gave her a solution to wipe on it to clean the windows instead of using windex or something? Is that true that you need a special solution to clean the tinted windows?

My gut feeling is that all tint is more or less the same right?

·
Registered
12,703 Posts
Some is said to be better resistant to scratches etc. I just usually get the cheapest stuff because I dont' keep cars long. ;) But I've always been happy with the cheap stuff. The only one I know that is more is the mirror tint, or colored tint.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kosan said:
1. I was quoted anywhere from 140 - 240 to do a tint job. They said the price varies depending on material? Is this true?

2. Also, my friend got her car tinted for about 130 at this one place. They gave her a solution to wipe on it to clean the windows instead of using windex or something? Is that true that you need a special solution to clean the tinted windows?

My gut feeling is that all tint is more or less the same right?
You should never clean tinted windows with solutuion containing ammonium. THat is what makes it turn that funky purple color. I use vinegar-based window cleaner.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
pepboys, autozone, any car store... even walmart
Gila seems to be the best brand.. and 3 rolls will be enough to tint all ur windows. make sure u have a brand new blade to make clean cuts in the tint

1 - 17 of 17 Posts