NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to add a sub to my wife's GT w/o the JBL upgrade. All that is being added is a sub. The amp has high-level inputs. Where is the best place to tap off of the factory system to get a signal to the amp?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
its a pain. you have to take out pretty much all the trunk plastics and the top half of the back seat to be able to get the plastic pieces off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
its not really too hard... i just did it this past saturday... you have to take it apart in a certain order... its not too hard... i figured it out on my own... just dont force anything!!! if a part doesnt come off fairly easy then look for another part that might be holding it... and yes you do have to take out the top parts of the back seat to access the rear speakers... but its not hard... a few bolts... (heck i took out the bottom part of the back seat just so i wouldnt trample it as i wired my line out converter to the rear speakers...) all in all it was a cinch!!!
word of advice - be sure to have all the connectors, wires and tools you need before you start... things will go smooth if you do...
ps - a trim tool will help!!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I actually tied my sub into the rear signal that goes to the factory amp. It works better then hooking into the rear speakers because it's a pre amped signal, and thus you can get a much cleaner signal to your amp and dosen't require line level in puts or a converter to run the amp. The same location also had the rempt input you'll need for the amp. Look here for more info:

http://www.spaldam.com/Hobbies/Celica/Sterio/Sterio.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts