NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we're about to move from VA to near Baltimore area and are wondering if you guys can suggest a nice/safe suburb to rent. preferrably somewhere close to discount stores(we're poor) like KMart/Walmart/Costco and major malls like Arundel Mills mall. it's best to be between U. of Maryland at Baltimore and city of Baltimore. we don't feel safe living in the city of Baltimore......
any apts you recommend ??
any other advice ?
thanks

·
It is known.
8,236 Posts
most of bmore is the ghetto anyhow.......laurel might be nice but i don't live in md so what do i know

·
Registered
179 Posts
anywhere in howard county is nice... but rent can be a bitch... what's your price range? I live in a really nice townhouse in elkridge, nice neighborhood, quiet, peaceful. I live 10 minutes from arundell mills mall, 10 minutes from columbia mall and 15 minutes or so from baltimore. so you would have a lot of options around here.

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Are you Students? I used to live in Linthicum heights........Exit 6A off of 695........Nice apartments and the rent was cheap.........There were alot of South-West Employes that live in those apartments and they are nice and safe........Got my car broken into 2 times though.......cant get away from that though. Dont remember what the appartments are called but

Take 695 East to Exit 6A
Make a Right at the 1st light
and then make your 1st right into the apartments.

Check em out I loved them.........My Friend and I were paying 750/month for a 2 bedroom with H/W floors and anice balcony on the 3rd floor.

Slava

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
yup, we need to know more about you, before we can tell you where to live. What do you want to spend on rent? Where do you work/go to school?

Baltimore is NOT ghetto! Well, only parts of it are. You don't here me busting on DC do you???

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
Your moving FROM VA TO MD? Why in the name of hell would you want to do that?

Baltimore is the second ghettoest city in the country after Detroit.

DC is just as much MD as it is VA. None of us VA people live in DC. I see no need to defend it.

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
well technically i don't live in baltimore either. You guys just associate all of maryland, to baltimore. I live in MD to Baltimore, like you live in VA to DC.

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
PhatCellyGT said:
ummm...DC isn't VA!!! And Richmond IS NOT nearly as ghetto as Baltimore
Oh and I have nothing to do with Richmond either. Anything below Manassas and I'm done with VA. I dont want anything to do with those ********. OH! and you MD people, you better not say anything about Southern VA or we will start talking about Western MD.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We will be going to U of M and working in Baltimore so in-between is easier for us. we can afford a 1-bd apt. around $1000 here in Reston. I am hoping it won't be too much more than that near Baltimore. but we are definitely willing to pay a little bit more for safety and peace of mind. we don't need anymore than a 1-bd apt unless the price is not much diff. between 1-bd and 2-bd.

the 2 car break-ins sound scary.....can you elaborate ? and how would you categorize that place as safe if it was broken into twice ???

OK Elkridge is a safe place to live. thanks for the suggestion, any other advice ?

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Well if thats the case..........

1st no matter where you live crooks will come and steal your stuff........just the way it is. They have cars too :D Plus my car was moddified and screamed steal the 120 dollar CD player :D

Ok look for some apartments in and around Columbia........I have several friends that have 1 BR apartments in Columbia and pay around 1k/month. Plus columbia is right smack in the middle of DC and B-more..........Look for something off of 95 near Columbia Mall.

Slava

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
Ellicot city is nice too. I know Joe's place was a 2 bedroom for $900/month, all utilities included. You should be fine in that area. Anywhere along the 32/29/95 area should be good for you to find a place around that or cheaper.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
schlegelbagel said:
Ellicot city is nice too. I know Joe's place was a 2 bedroom for $900/month, all utilities included.....
All utilities included for $900/month ?!! :eek:
sounds like just what we needed.
what is the name ?
thank you

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
It's a condo. I don't remember the name offhand but I work with Joe's former roommate. If you want to go in with him you can save $500. And the main bedroom is pretty nice and has it's own bathroom. :)

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
party2go said:
most of bmore is the ghetto anyhow.......laurel might be nice but i don't live in md so what do i know

you my friend are wrong about Laurel... If you are looking for nice, try Columbia

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
marcmsj said:
anywhere in howard county is nice...

not anywhere... most places(90%)

there is alil piece of Laurel thats in HoCo.:wave: :bling:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts