NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to advanced auto parts today and they said they dont carry it and cant order it. havent checked murrays yet, i was just too lazy to go in the opposite direction i was headed to find out. also what is the part # of the alternater belt... i HAVE to get rid of the squeaking or i will go insane and punch my car and hurt myself, which i dont want to do either of.

garrett

·
Registered
852 Posts
why don't you try calling around first. I got mine from a Smoothers auto, although i'm not sure what auto parts stores you have in Ohio.

Not sure if it's right for an 02 gts, but the part number for an 01 is: 4060743 or 6pk1940. By the way, it's a serpentine belt. It is one belt that operates the entire pulley system.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cool... yeah no smoothers here in ohio. pretty much just advanced auto, murrays, napa, and some small unknown places

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yeah, I believe that's it. I wrote in another topic about it. I payed $43 and change from AuotZone. They had to order it (1-2 days tops). I'm almost positive Toyota will charge the same for their crappy belt. I wouldn't pay even $10 for another Toyota belt.

It's funny how I left my car at Toyota for days since early in my warranty and the mechanics must have heard it, yet they did nothing about it.

I've had the Gatorback belt on for 3 days now and no sounds of a cricket orchestra, nothing, and no "supercharger whine". All I hear upon start up of my car at 6:30 AM is my CAI hissing dragons, my stomach gurgling, and some rumbling s**t pains.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Does the Gatorback belt really get rid of the "supercharger whine" sound? The sound that you hear about 2000-4000 rpm that sounds like a high pitched whirring noise?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I know this is a serious thread revival! But :applaud: for the gatorbelt, and no there is no supercharge whine. installed mine today, and no more squeaking, its raining so much in the north east, time will tell.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
def looking for one now, my belt squeeks after its been raining or whenver its parked outside in the early morning start ups it squeeks like crazy, already had the tensioner replaced so ima give this a try

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Yeah, the belt ran me $56.50. Compared to the store brand at like $18. But from the searching I did on the forum b4, it can be the tensioner, but more times than not its the belt. I started it up this morning and it basically rained/drizzled all night, and no squeaking.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just called and ordered mine from autozone. you should hear this squeeling from the engine bay...... absolutly HORRIBLE. im getting my exhaust put on thursday night and in goes the gatorback! hopefully no more whine

·
Registered
269 Posts
:eatpop: hmmm.....interesting, i've been trying to get that fixed for a while. that squigliing drives me nuts. I drive by the neighborhood every morining on ma way to school and everybody stares at me and cover their ears like my engine is about to freakin blow up or something. sometimes i just start my car like 15mins before i leave just so the moisture will dry of and the noise stops.

I always thought that is was moisture in the bearings (alt, ac, etc) that made that noise.

Now let me get to my question.

Is there a cheap efective way (even if it only lasts a couple of weeks) to fix this noise untill my broke a$$ comes up with 50 bucks for the gatorback?????
put some elbow grease in there or something????/

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I thought it was my alternator to, my symptoms were the same as others had on the forums so i went with the belt. you can do a cheap belt but it'll come back.

·
Registered
437 Posts
i got my gatorback belt at autozone for like 27 bux, they had to order but that only took a day. I sometimes get the squeeling when i first start the car but it goes away after like 2 seconds. I used to hear the supercharger sounding whine when i first installed it, can't hear it anymore.

·
Registered
716 Posts
blugts said:
NAPA does NOT carry Goodyear belts....they have Gates.
Gates belts are realy good. Used on superchargers and such.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts