NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a place to get a block of stryofoam. I'm looking for something to fill in my spare tire hole because i don't have one. What else could i use to fill it in so that the trunk floor is level.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
any arts and crafts store should have it (ie ragshop, michaels)

how bout some blocks off wood and a piece of plywood to level it....just a thought.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
devilincelica said:
any arts and crafts store should have it (ie ragshop, michaels)

how bout some blocks off wood and a piece of plywood to level it....just a thought.
yeah, mine came w/ a stock piece of particle board stuff that sits on top of the spare. They make clip boards out of the stuff. Try office supplies...a chalk board perhaps...

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
treeh8r said:
yeah, mine came w/ a stock piece of particle board stuff that sits on top of the spare. They make clip boards out of the stuff. Try office supplies...a chalk board perhaps...
I beleive that stuff is called 'chipboard'

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I think some hardware stores sell spray foam that comes in a bottle that you can just use to full stuff. This might work for you.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i thought about something with wood but i don't really want that much weight back there. i'll try to find some of that spray foam.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Remember, the spray foam is a chemical... Dont have any heat source close by... Also, when it comes to Foam... Open your yellow pages... You can usually find a distributor close by that has some cheap (arts and crafts stores usually rip you off). Also, Look into boat manufactures, repair, or sales locations (they sell tons of the expanding and standard foam)!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
What happened to the board that covers that hole? There's a tire iron stuck on that too.

If I were you, I'd put my spare in there.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would put my spare in there if I had one. I but the car used and it didn't have anything back there but the carpet mat.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Originally posted by blove
i thought about something with wood but i don't really want that much weight back there. i'll try to find some of that spray foam.
Be careful that stuff expands 2x or 3x depending on what you get.

·
Registered
625 Posts
You could search online for a vendor of polystyrene foam and they would probably ship you a block. The only thing you would need to do is to use a hot wire to cut a cylinder to fill the well. If not you could always just buy a spare. :gap:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Originally posted by treeh8r
the voice of experience? did you fill your trunk w/ foam?:gap:
haha... The foam I bought expanded like 4x and it come out so fast that I ended up cutting the excess off, not on my car!. Filling a large space like the spare tire area using 4x you could have this huge foam dome! I would suggest you slowly build it up.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Not off hand, I picked it up at k/wal-mart. When it is dry, it is hard and easy to cut/sand.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
There's some expanding foam called Great Stuff sold at Home Depot. Probably the same stuff everyone is talking about. I'd suggest wearing gloves while using it, since the stuff is incredibly sticky, and very hard to wash off your hands.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts