NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
The most obvious place you can think of ;)

You can also often times find the electronic version of the manual on eBay for cheap.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Toyota Big Green Book is the factory service manual. I bought one new
(dumbass) for my old Mr2...not cheap. If a CD is available - buy it.

PS - Jesse, as a rabid Oilers fan I find your sigs offensive. From now on please only show highlights of the one game my team has won so far.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Both manuals are in the TECH INFO section in PDF format.

I sent them to Larry a year ago and he uploaded them.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Jesse IL said:
slidr said:
What the hell is that?
The Toyota dealership.
I meant the big green books. ;)
Jackman00GTS said:
I found a CD version on Ebay for 6 bucks.

I bought the full manuals and scanned them both in and sent them to Larry in PDF format.

If you want, I could burn them to a CD for you and only charge you $5. :chuckles:

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
When you get involved in very complex repairs on the car, actually having a hard copy of the manual gets to be very nice.

If you want the real service manual, you need to get it from Toyota.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Jesse IL said:
When you get involved in very complex repairs on the car, actually having a hard copy of the manual gets to be very nice.

If you want the real service manual, you need to get it from Toyota.
I've always just propped my laptop up under the hood and did it that way, but if anyone is interested in a hard copy of the manuals, I could print them out and bind them somehow at my work, but I have no idea what I would charge for paper.

It would definately be cheaper than getting them from Toyota though, and I have the higher resolution scans on my PC which are better than the ones I sent Larry, so the print-outs would look better than the PDF files hosted on the site.

If anyone is interested in this, please let me know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts