NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crap, I need to get new brakes now. Where should I go to get them replaced? Any good recommendations and also prices? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, a lot of probs but at least the brake problems isn't major since that would have been replaced sooner or later.

Do they offer life time warranty? I called up Meineke and he told me $140 per axle and it comes with life time warranty.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
MINEKE SUCKS!!!! never go though them or midas for ANY work..major ripoff.....since all weather auto is a napa service center, id PRESUME they are lifetime warranteed, BUT ill get you the phone number tomorrow and you can call and ask youself....peace

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
ok man...here ya go 508-481-1170(tell him Randy, clarks friend with the jeep reffered you to him)

as i said...shauns a great guy...and will do good work for ya.

and for ANYONE that needs aftermarket parts installed...he'll do it for you as long as you specify how you want it done...not many places will do that for people.

AND i also for got to mention for people...he is a paint/ auto body shop as well if you need that type of work done

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
randy, how is the paint/body shop there....?? im looking for a place that'll install my kit the first week of april and will do a GOOD job, but i dont want to pay an arm and a leg. i get that week off so thats when everything is getting installed

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
dood...they do AWESOME paint work...they do it right and not half assed....call shaun up and tell him randy with the jeep sent ya...youll hafta talk to him about pricing

·
Registered
190 Posts
Changing brakes is a joke, just do it yourself and save yourself the money that you would have thrown away. Hmm...see if they have aftermarket pads for your car. Hawk is pretty good and EBC isn't too bad either.

·
Registered
401 Posts
is there any FAQ or install guide on changing the brake Pads. ??also how do you check if youre pads are low or almost worn out thanks guyys

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not good with fixing cars man, I'll let the pros do it. Unless you wanna do it for me and I'll buy you dinner ;)

·
Registered
635 Posts
I just made an appointment for my brakes to be done at my dealer. I figure they're going to charge me as much as anywhere else, so why not. Plus I don't trust myself to do work on my own car ;)

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll be going to Meineke at 8am Saturday morning! I guess I'm not going out tonite so I can wake up hahaha.

$140 per axle and life time warranty.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Going to places like Meineke will most likely be a negative experience. Most of those types of shops use cheap brakes, which will cause your car to constantly make noises and the braking distance for your car will suffer. Use brakes from either Toyota, or a high performance pads. For example, see if TRD makes pads for you, this will be a great time to upgrade to a much higher quality of pad.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My rear rotors were really bad. They actually grinded it down and made it smooth again. Meineke actually did a good job.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
sorry but, paying to get your brakes done is pretty bad. it's such a simple job it's not even funny....with all the people on this site to help you out, take the extra money and buy a mod.

buy the stock pads from the dealer, i'm not sure how much they cost, but they are damn good pads and worth it. I have 60K miles and they still have some life left. there are TRD pads, but I heard they aren't as good as the stock pads.

Unless you wore down to the rivets and scored the rotors, you really don't need to get them cut, just replace the pads. Simple 1 hour job.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts