NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Here's the deal. Like I said in my last thread regarding this, I bought an underbody neon kit and had it professionally installed today (please, I don't want to hear anything about having it professionally installed and not doing it myself). I replaced a kit that I already had and in that kit, we mounted the front neon above the radiator. It was really cool....hidden and lit up the entire grill area and down onto the ground. So, when I bought this new kit, I decided to order it (obviously consisting of 4 tubes) AND I custom ordered a 30" length tube so that I could put in above the radiator again. My problem is this. When the guy went to mount the front tube of the underbody kit (not the one in the grill area) he couldn't find any place to mount it under the car that would protect it from the ground. What I'm trying to say, is there were no metal beams to attach it to like their is on the side of the car and it was too low to the ground to attach it directly to the under bumper area like on the rear of the car. I would be breaking the Lexan tubing ALL THE TIME since it would have no protection. So, what did you guys all attach your underbody front tubes to that allowed it to be protected? I'm still planning on having the one in the upper grill area.

I'm hoping that maybe JaCelica2k could help on this since after I did a search for this (which revealed nothing really of help) I found that JaCelica2k seems to be pretty knowledgeable about this. I even read his install guide and viewed the pics, but it didn't really help either.

HEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
when i used to have mine, the front was mounted onto screws that were already there. it was hidden well enough that you couldnt see it.

although, it was not the strongest place for it... it fell down while on I95 and shattered beneath my car... keep in mind i had it there for over a year before that happened, just make sure its secure.

i can go take a pic if you dont know where im talking about

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I just installed my gold series underbody neons and I just used strong plastic zip ties to attach the front one to the under-engine plastics. I'm not worried about it breaking on anything as long as I watch where I'm going.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts

where the red arrows are, you can see holes... where the holes were, there were these white clips that wrapped around the neon tube. there was one on either end and one in the middle. the wires ran above the underbody plastics, you can still see them there if you look closely.

·
Registered
457 Posts
y not put it inside the front bumper?

not sure if that would work, but if u look at the above pic you could prbly fasten it in that little lip there and that would provide some protection

just an idea

·
Registered
301 Posts
you could put it under there. you wouldn't get any glow out infront of your car which would look weird since you would have glow coming out of all sides except the front.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Sorry I did not read your post sooner. I need to take some new pis of my car anyways, so I will take some new ones tonight and post about where you can put it. I have it where the bumper shields the tube. Very safe.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
you have to think this way tho, what the hell is acually going to hit underneath your front bumper??? even if you were to jump up on a curb while parking, theres no way that its goign to hit the tube. putting it under the bumper is just goign to allow alot less light shine though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts