NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just repo'ed my ex fiance's 2004 gts, I believe its completly stock but i have noticed there doesnt seem to be a top speed limiter so i dont know if they come factory like that of if it had some chip installed before we bought it. Its fun to drive but i want it faster!! where should i start?

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Dude i live in stanwood. not more than 30 mins from you.

First i would go with some susp. then make some N/A mods. If you want super fast sell and get another car.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
repo'd your ex fiances car? harsh man. haha who needs a top speed limiter in a car that takes a year and a half to get anywhere past 110.

First off, If it's an automatic. stop modding it's a waste of money, the auto GT-S is slower than the auto GT. If you are so lucky to own a manual there are a few things you need to know.
One: With all cars you have three options, fast, cheap, or reliable. with the celica you get the cheap if your lucky you get the reliable, and if you are really lucky you get the fast at the expense of the cheap and probably the reliable as well.

Two: Short of spending a couple grand on a turbo this car isn't gonna be fast. It might be fun but if you want a fast car go out and buy a used LS1 trans am or camaro or some other cheap V-8(that isn't a mustang).

Don't get me wrong I love my celica but it is never going to be fast, especially in a straight line. I enjoy the modding as well as a hobby but I have no illusions about it being cheap or making the car faster cost effectively. If you start modding doit because you enjoy it and enjoy the car not because you want it to be faster.

The car looks good though. I can tell it has been lowered and not to many GT-S's had the factory action package. Oh btw they don't make any chips for our ECU or for that matter and working piggybacks. If you wanna mess with the ECU you should go with an Apexi PFC or a Greddy Emanage and neither is cheap or a plug and play unit.

·
Bazinga.
3,255 Posts
the top speed limiter is the 4cylinder aspect.

id like to +1 theguys response, pretty much covered it

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
take it your ex fiance was a mean ol biatch and she did you wrong so you took back the car lol. Looks good but like theguy said theres not much you can do with it being an auto. IMO get rid of it you dont need something of hers reminding you of the past lol. get another GT-S but this time a stick and mod it.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Faster? I agree with the "get another car" comment earlier. You can't squeeze much out of this car.

Selling it works better because you can get a faster car and add insult to injury to your ex fiance if youre really that low. Two birds one stone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.