NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i am sorry to say i might have to sell my car now. The reason being is becuase i just recieved 4 tickets for stupid things, and now my parents are being gay and are saying to sell it. I have four choices at the moment.

1) VW Golf GTI
2) Mazdaspeed protege (the one with the turbo and 170 HP)
3) Nissan Sentra spec V.
4) Nissan Maxima in manual

If anyone here knows any quarter mile times on these cars, it would be greatly appreciated. By they way. Every car would be new, and bone stock.

Thanks
Luke

·
Registered
586 Posts
I hear the Sentra SE-R specv's are nice little cars. They seem to have pretty torquey engines, so I'd assume it might be a wee bit more daily driver friendly than the Celica. Also, stock for stock they can hang with a Celica GT-S. Nissan Maximas and GTIs are also very nice. I'd say you've got a tough decision to make :)

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
not much of a golf fan but i say take alook at the GTI. that's 1 phat assss car. it's a pretty good car stock and the fact that it's T/C from factory is a BIG plus.

BTW....i don't see any difference between the celica and those car?? it's pretty much in the same catagory

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its nothing about the insurance, Sunday ( April 6 2003) u recieved four tickets 1. tinted front liscnese plate 2. loud exhaust 3. registration going back to my old car, which i tried to show him the registration that is was swictched, but he gave me the ticket anyway, and said take it through court 4. failing to yield at stop light, (that dumb ass cop, i turned on a yellow, not red) so parents say no, to much trouble red car, black hood. Cops are just jelous. Insureance doesnt bother me one bit, most of these cars would be less on insurance anyway!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
true, true, but how about the Nissan Sentra Spec V, or those any good, i mean i like the front of it alot. The 1.8 tubo i just test drove today, they ride real nice on the highway, and the pick up is great. Well better then my auto gt-s. What would you guys do if you were in my place, try to argue with your parents, or just get a new car?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and also, how about the protege, you guys and gals think those are any good?

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
IMO all those cars are better that ur auto GTS(speed wise).....the V spec is a great car, but it has a limited aftermarket compare to the 1.8t

I would not argue w/ my parents.....i would just get a new car. I wish that would happen to me.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it will solve my problem becuase the golf looks like a normal nice car, unlike my celica, its the bomb, it looks awesome, its red, with a CF hood, and i am rollin' on 18''s so the cop is just jelous, i dont want any more problems with him, and also the other cars that are on my list arent that flashy.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
mazdaspeed.....dont get a GTI..get a mazda 6S:)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Maxima is quicker than the mazda 6. But if I am a girl, I dig the 6.
The 6 is just good looking,,,,,

·
Registered
271 Posts
TRD StreetRacing said:
IMO all those cars are better that ur auto GTS(speed wise).....the V spec is a great car, but it has a limited aftermarket compare to the 1.8t

I would not argue w/ my parents.....i would just get a new car. I wish that would happen to me.
only because the gti is turbo, but this summer the QR25 will have internals and 2 turbo kits.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts