NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 03 gt and my clutch is going bad i want to get a stage 1 or 2 clutchmasters which one should i get. also i want to get a new flywheel. i heard that light is not nessarily better, since my car is a daily driver. i like to take it to the track and test it every now and then. i plan on intake and exhaust and headers soon though. i would just like some other peoples opinions

thanx in advance

·
Registered
212 Posts
I recently bought the exedy cerametallic stage 2 clutch and a Jun 9.6 lb flywheel, should be putting them in this week...will let you know.

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
I have a TODA organic clutch and the TODA 10lb FW. The combo is great because I can drive the car without stalling out in traffic and then when I feel like banging some gears the clutch catches so hard it snaps my head back :chuckles:.

The FW is deff nice. I would not go lower then 9lb for daily driven. I've driven a car with a TRD FW and a Fudanza........I wasn't too happy with the Fudanza......its just too light for me to drive everyday.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does trd make a flywheel for the GT. and if not who does i just no that i want i clutch maters clutch guessing a stage 1

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I would get the MWR forged chromoly flywheel. the price isn't any different than the aluminum ones with removable friction surfaces. A lot of places include the cost of the flywheel resurfacing in the cost of the clutch install. So....you're better off getting the MWR chromoly so you don't have to pay for a new friction surface every time you get a new clutch (can be often if you race as you daily drive, drive in stop and go, and then race on the track). BTW a friction surface for the Clutchmasters flywheel costs $109. I believe the CM FW weighs 9lbs and EDIT: the MWR weighs 10.5 lbs (I think someone changed the website).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
trd does now make a flywheel for a gt and i am getting my clutch installed at the dealer on the dl for 200 dollars

·
Registered
721 Posts
How do you know if you need a new friction surface?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i am going to get the clutch masters stage 1 and it is rick hendrix toyota. i got one of the mechanics to put my rims on my tires and them on my car for only $50 and he said he could do my clutch and flywheel for 200 or resurface my flywheel for nothing... but i think i want to get the MWR flywheel

where are you at in fay you military chrisngrod? i am

·
Registered
171 Posts
Dman. Well think I could get the same hookup? I purchased my car from Rick Hendrix. All I need is my clutch put in and flywheel resurfaced...

Yeah I'm in the military... Ever see a Silver MR2 Spyder with a bodykit?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just got my stage 2 exedy clutch put in and it's hooking up like a B**ch:chuckles: I fear though it will be a little tough in traffic, i now have to learn the car over again:( Did i mention it is hooking up like a b..ch?:evil:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah man i saw you last week drive past me on post...lol maybe you can get my deal he is kool... r u on everythingcelica.com??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah man i saw you last week drive past me on post...lol maybe you can get my deal he is kool... r u on everythingcelica.com?? my handle is groundzero look me up

·
Registered
80 Posts
Definitely go with an organic clutch man. My bro had a race clutch in his car (wit no damn power) and it wore out his flywheel fast. It wouldn't launch worth crap either. You can put down the power with a stret disk and a heavier plate.

For flywheel aluminum is good but I think I should have gone with a little heavier one My aluminum one makes the car damn fast but my GF hates driving it. I'm goin chrome moly next time.

·
Registered
212 Posts
tirechirp said:
Definitely go with an organic clutch man. My bro had a race clutch in his car (wit no damn power) and it wore out his flywheel fast. It wouldn't launch worth crap either. You can put down the power with a stret disk and a heavier plate.

For flywheel aluminum is good but I think I should have gone with a little heavier one My aluminum one makes the car damn fast but my GF hates driving it. I'm goin chrome moly next time.

if u ride a race clutch it will eat the flywheel. STOP RIDING THE CLUTCH:bang:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts