NewCelica.org Forum banner

Which Hood Looks Better on My Car?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
i have the invader cf and personally it looks way more aggressive and it's been complimented by strangers a lot. tho i do admit the oem has more flow. but i do prefer invader

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love my Invader, and I think it goes great with your black wing insert, etc. Gets lots of compliments and second looks coming up in people's rearviews.

>>tho i do admit the oem has more flow

When I read this I thought you meant airflow at first. :gap: One thing about the invader, the airflow is crazy - at highway speed my engine barely heats up at all compared to the stock hood, it really forces air down around the motor.

Either way you can't go wrong really.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Forgot to mention - at least with the Invader and I'm guessing with the OEM style CF - get some hood pins. Should come equipped imo. These hoods are much lighter and easier to come off/open in a collision or if your latch pops, you forget to close it, etc. Very dangerous without.

·
Registered
451 Posts
The oem cf+ raised hood scoop will flow perfectly with the WW kit. The invader looks good but I think its too aggressive for the WW.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Once you decide which model you like, you should paint it match your car. The different color hood looks ghetto.

The second hood is too over the top. You would have to have some really wild, like a widebody to pull it off. IMO

·
Lurking06 Celica07 Join08
5,306 Posts
it all depends on the setup

if you had TRD front kit... then invader. But with your setup oem looks best.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts