21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I say the second one. :p

·
Registered
492 Posts
Once you decide which model you like, you should paint it match your car. The different color hood looks ghetto.

The second hood is too over the top. You would have to have some really wild, like a widebody to pull it off. IMO
Looks ghetto? It's carbon fiber, not black. There is a difference. If you think carbon fiber is tacky and overdone, that is one thing, but saying it looks "ghetto" is downright wrong.

·
Oh Hai
4,252 Posts
invader if u want agressive look go with invader. for clean look go with oem with raised scoop.

i would go with a c-one or veilside hood though :D

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Looks ghetto? It's carbon fiber, not black. There is a difference. If you think carbon fiber is tacky and overdone, that is one thing, but saying it looks "ghetto" is downright wrong.
To the average person driving on the road, they just see a black hood.

That said I like OEM on your car. just send that invader my way.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Once you decide which model you like, you should paint it match your car. The different color hood looks ghetto.

The second hood is too over the top. You would have to have some really wild, like a widebody to pull it off. IMO
Well I bought the CF Hood for the look, our cars are not gaining much HP by taking 7-10 pounds off the car. Most Car enthusiast who see the car know that its a CF Hood. But everyone has different taste

Im with you lol, I didnt spend 500 bucks to paint over it the Weave looks excelent

It is an unpainted body panel, it looks trashy.
Carbon Fiber IMO isnt meant to be painted over, specially when your paying for extra layer of clearcoat. Everyone has there take on it, but thanks for calling my car trashy

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Considering the fact that it is most likely a fiberglass hood wrapped in carbon fiber, there is very little reason to show it off.

If unpainted CF is ok, why is unpainted FG not ok? To my knowledge, all CF hoods for the Celica other than C-One are just fiberglass wrapped in CF

21 - 31 of 31 Posts