NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup everyone. I kinda need some help on what is wrong with my car. I'm about to order a new clutch/flywheel combo, but before I do, I want to ask you all if you know what is wrong with it. My friends and I personally think my clutch is dead because when I put it into any gear from a stop, I can release the clutch pedal all the way and without even pressing the gas, the car will slowly move. when I stop on small hills, I have to rev the engine to about 4k rpm to even feel the clutch start to grab. Do you think it's just my clutch, or should I go with the clutch/flywheel combo? What would be the best combo for an n/a celi??? all help appreciated. shoots :rimshot:

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
yep sounds like your clutch is toast...when you are driving slowly, put it in like 4th gear and floor it...if the RPM climb and car dosent accelerate then its a definate. you dont need a flywheel necessarily, but they are a nice upgrade. make sure if you do pull the flywheel off, BUY NEW FLYWHEEL BOLTS!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok cool...one more thing, what if my friends and I install the clutch kit without resurfacing the flywheel --> anything wrong with that? and where do they sell aftermarket/oem flywheel bolts? I know MWR sells em, but any other places? Ohh, and I see that most companies (SouthBend, ACT, etc.) have clutch kits for model years 2000-2003. Would they be compatable with my '04??? Thanks for the help guys.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
yes yes yes, i would get a Southbend clutch. Fidanza flywheel, MWR flywheel bolts. OEM bolts will be fine but think they are a little more $$$$. You really should resurface the OWM flywheel if you are going to re-use it, so even then you need new bolts.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
does gt-s use regular length or extended length flywheel bolts. I was looking at the ARP ones.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would say DEFINETLY resurface the flywheel, you want it to be in the best condition possible and since they are charging you to install the clutch anyways might as well have them resurface while their at it, it dont think it was that much more when I had them install a new clutch on my WS6 but maybe it's different for these cars...
or just get a lighter new one if your ganna replace it lol (might as well upgrade instead of just "replace" lol)...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts