NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get some info on oil. Im about to change my oil and i want to know which oil is best for my type of driving. I usually drive in the higher RPM's. i was told mobile is a good one to use. Anyone know?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I know synthetic is superior, but I find myself driving in the mid range these days, so is synthetic really neccissary?

·
Banned
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanx guys. anymore suggestions. So far i hear mobile 1 is the best.

·
Banned
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh also, with my type of driving in the high rpms, how quick do i have to change oil. say every 3k or 4k? or maybe sooner?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
^^^^^
If you have under 75,000 probably so, but the engine will last longer if you run the synthetic I'd imagine atleast.

·
Banned
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pulsar1 said:
^^^^^
If you have under 75,000 probably so, but the engine will last longer if you run the synthetic I'd imagine atleast.
huh? :confused:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Never forget that the oil in your engine is what keeps it going.

If you drive normaly and don't live were it's cold, regular oil change frequently is ok.
If you drive the car hard, you are better with synthetic.

The best one is Motul. I personly uses mobil1 for now and it is pretty good from the test result I've seen.

If you go on the track, don't cheap out on the oil and get Motul.

Just my 2 cents!:D

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was useing all redline before , then I started useing AMSOIL for the last year it is the best oil you can get on the market. Just read some info on it , the indepedent test show that it blows doors on the rest, but that just me.. :cool:

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
^^ I also hear that AMSOIL is absolutely great. I havn't gotten a chance to try it myself yet but I'm sure I'll wind up with it in my engine sooner or later.

Anyone try the new GReddy 5W-30 synthetic oil yet?

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
tacn it said:
I was useing all redline before , then I started useing AMSOIL for the last year it is the best oil you can get on the market. Just read some info on it , the indepedent test show that it blows doors on the rest, but that just me.. :cool:
yo tacn, where do you get yours around san mateo area?? but i do agree with you about amsoil. i use it for my motor and transmission. i went 55k (i changed on 40k)on my transmission and the damn thing was clean as hell. great stuff.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts