NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna do all motor in a GTS NO FI!, and i know what bolt ons I wanna use, and need to use for my whp goal, but what I wanna know is this, would the JDM GTS be worth the money for the 200whp+ or just stick with the USDM?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
:moved:

The only difference in the JDM engine is its ECU, which is where it gains most of its power. The internals are the same, so if you swap in a JDM 2ZZ, you'll end up with the same power as your original engine.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
The GT-S's 2ZZ-GE is fundamentally as good as the 2ZZ-GE in the SS-II, TRD Sports M, T-Sport, Elise, etc. So, the answer is "just stick with what you got".

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
The good news is that with a Power FC, proper tuning and the existing/upcoming products available for the 2zz powerplant you should be able to hit 200whp.

·
Registered
772 Posts
and the other good news is with all the money you'll save by not buying a jdm 2zz, you'll be able to get a brash boy header and do before/after dyno's so everyone on here can see how much more power it gains than the other designs! :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha, yeah right..but anyways, im just gonna wait on buddy of mines header to come out, so far his Intake, and Exhaust did pretty good numbers, and the db level of his exhaust is perfect for me, and the gains are good enough. Here's my thing, I live in Georgia, and all the Celica's here are over priced, so I checked autotrader.com in FL and the Celica's there are in the price range i'm looking for. The Color I was looking for is the carbon blue, but i hear its hard as hell to find, and when I get the car, it might have close to 100k on it, and im worried about performance when I try and upgrade, but also I heard that TRD had cams and stop making them which kinda pissed me off, but is there away to find the cams?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Nope, I believe TRD only had one set of prototype cams out, but never released them (same as their 4-2-1 header). Don't worry, there are one or two other companies that will come out with cams in the future. ;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nu Concept said:
you dont even own a celica yet?
I use to own a 2000 GTS before it got rear ended by a fake ass ek-r hatch, and I've already talked to Chris about the header and stuff and I believe that will slap a good gain mid range...so what i hoping that I can find atleast the blue carbon color and another 2000 GTS so I can find a decent price on the action pack kit and plus I wanna find a good coilover kit or somethin...people say TRD is pretty good.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
KenRed said:
plus I wanna find a good coilover kit or somethin...people say TRD is pretty good.
have a brand new set of Tanabe Pro ss coilovers laying in my room. they retail for $1300. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I checked into the Hotchkis and there supension stage 2 was like 1083.00 I think it is, im really not sure on the price, but anyways, I heard from the grapevine that TPR is suppose to come out with stuff like that as well, im going to ask Chris about it when I talk to him today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts