NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
the matte finish looks nice to me...and I'm not gay lol.
sure, pedals don't add engine performance.
BUT racers tend to be perfectionists...they like everything just right from the shift knob to the short shifter to the pedals to the tach if they use one...even to the racing shoes...to the racing gloves if they use them. Driver comfort and the ease with which he/she can use his equipment influences overall performance. everything matters. Example: I think I drive pretty well but with one shift knob which is too big for my hand...I tend to misshift...with another that is smaller I never misshift and I can shift a lot faster.

In the case of pedals, lighter is better as long as it's not cheap or slippery lol. when I practice "dry shifting" in my driveway I get the feeling sometimes that the stock pedals don't come up quite as fast as my feet leave them. you want your car instantaneously responsive to the millisecond.

Tachs don't add engine performance, but I notice that my aftermarket tach is much more responsive and probably more accurate than my stock. when I step on the gas in neutral and let off, the stock tach lags way behind the aftermarket.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hit it right on the head QTRMLR. These are not cheap slip-on covers like alot of ppl get. Obviously if you read the site descriptions, they are machined with performance in mind...no slip, grip designed direct bolt-on pedal covers specific to celicas.

If I'm going to do something, I want all aspects to my liking...so if I'm getting them then I might as well get ones that enhance the look and theme of my whip. Ghey? Hmmmmm...must be a bunch on the forums then.

I bot matte...thanks.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
I'm happy with my Sparco pedals. They seem to grip onto my feet much better than stock.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I already bot the Auto Innovations matte pedals. Don't see anything wrong with those...I think they'll look and perform great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts