NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna drop my car 1.5- 2 drop but i dont know which struts/Shocks are good. I've done a little research but I just dont know which one worth the money.

U guys have any suggestions?

many thanks!

·
Registered
288 Posts
G-starr said:
I wanna drop my car 1.5- 2 drop but i dont know which struts/Shocks are good. I've done a little research but I just dont know which one worth the money.

U guys have any suggestions?

many thanks!
kyb agx if you can afford them if not gr-2 arent bad either.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Koni adjustables.. mine are doing perfectly with my hotchkis springs and can handle a lower car with no problems (I'll probably get a longer life with them than stock and i'm lowered with Hotchkis springs)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah,but to install koni ,you will have to cut the OEM shock I think? I just wanna get new shocks which will last 2-3 years and a 1.5-2.5 drop.

say. tokico illuminate or KYB AGX

·
Registered
288 Posts
kyb agx only have heard good things

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
G-starr said:
yeah,but to install koni ,you will have to cut the OEM shock I think?
is that true?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
AndySimmons said:
Koni adjustables.. mine are doing perfectly with my hotchkis springs and can handle a lower car with no problems (I'll probably get a longer life with them than stock and i'm lowered with Hotchkis springs)
G-starr said:
yeah,but to install koni ,you will have to cut the OEM shock I think? I just wanna get new shocks which will last 2-3 years and a 1.5-2.5 drop.

say. tokico illuminate or KYB AGX
I went the Koni route but if I had to do it again I'd of went with tokico AGX. I paired em with hotchkis street springs which I for sure liked! The drop as well as the ride was very nice.

·
Registered
430 Posts
vtroid5 said:
I have kyb agx's and eibach sportlines paired with the kam kit and 17's I love the look and the ride(there's some good pics on my cardomain) but i think I just blew my front right strut yesterday after only 4-5 months of driving which makes me think twice about recomending the agx's to anyone. This might be an anomaly but I'd look into it before purchasing agx's anyway. I actually just started a thread about so we'll see what people have to say.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
SilvrGTS said:
GR-2's! i love mine. you can get them for under 400..
:werd:

truspin86 said:
vtroid5 said:
I have kyb agx's and eibach sportlines paired with the kam kit and 17's I love the look and the ride(there's some good pics on my cardomain) but i think I just blew my front right strut yesterday after only 4-5 months of driving which makes me think twice about recomending the agx's to anyone. This might be an anomaly but I'd look into it before purchasing agx's anyway. I actually just started a thread about so we'll see what people have to say.
You blew it because you are WAY too low for those. Most/all aftermarker struts are good for only down to 1.5, more than that, you will blow shocks.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
stein said:
I went the Koni route but if I had to do it again I'd of went with tokico AGX. I paired em with hotchkis street springs which I for sure liked! The drop as well as the ride was very nice.
Why not the konis again?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Korywithak said:

You blew it because you are WAY too low for those. Most/all aftermarker struts are good for only down to 1.5, more than that, you will blow shocks.

Oh?really? So I better go with tein springs I think?cuz they drop the car 1.4 to 1.5 I suppose?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Korywithak said:

Really?... I know so many people who have my exact suspension set up who never experienced any problems. I may not know what I'm talking about but why would eibach make springs that drop a car too low for "most/all" after market struts? Doesn't eibach make their own struts? That would be absurd if eibach's springs were to low for their own struts, don't you think?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts