NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to get a Celica with an Automatic transmission, which would be better, GT or GT-S?

I found a 2001 Celica GT-S, Automatic, 85,000 miles, black leather, upgraded cd player, chrome rims, sunroof, aftermarket taillamps, foglights, etc. They are only asking $7,998.

I put the VIN in google and brought up the CarFax thing, it said they have 28 Reports for that vehicle. I'm not buying the CarFax to see what they all are if I'm not buying the car.

Sorry guys, I don't want a manual.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really like the button-shift transmission but thats about it. And I can't get leather seats in a GT. Which has better acceleration GT Auto, or GTS Auto?

If I get a GT you guys can show me how to wire up fog lights and all that stuff right?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
get the gt auto, its said to be faster than the gts auto even with the button shifts. Plus like said less maintainence, better mpg, and you can make either one look nice. And someone here can definitly show you how to wire them to work.

I put the VIN in google and brought up the CarFax thing, it said they have 28 Reports for that vehicle. I'm not buying the CarFax to see what they all are if I'm not buying the car.
Plus who knows what those 28 reports are for, previous owners must have abused it.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
discs are better, if your buying this car for a DD and plan of not adding major performance than its not important at all, see the GT and GTS have about a 40 HP diff between the 2. but even with the power diff between the GT and GTS the Auto GT is faster dont know why but just the way it is.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
but parsay if you went manual the 6 speed gts is where its at for this make of car. the leather seats are overhyped LOL i had em and i liked the seat but leather eventually wears and when it does it looks like shiat

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, this will be a daily driver, to school, work, riding around with friends etc. You recommend the GT Auto? What is the RPM's when cruising at 70?

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
PHHHHHH i dont know lol i had the 6 speed GTS lol, um i guess diff rev range by far, ya for a dd and i dont think it requires Premium gas so might be cheaper on gas

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, if the GT Auto is better accelerating than the GT-S than, GT it is. GT sounds better than GT-S to me. lol Anyone know the top speed of a GT or 0-60 times. Tried searching, nothing.

Has anyone ever tried getting on this website with their BlackBerry, I tried and I couldn't click anything. =\ It was very frustrating. I got on CeliSpeed.com that website SUCKS. No one answers you. That is frustrating also. Maybe I just need more patience.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2001 Celica GT-S Auto, 34,000 miles, $5,400. Silver, gray cloth interior. Sunroof, etc.

Think somethings wrong with it? Why is it so cheap?

CarFax has 17 Records for that vehicle.

What do you think?

·
Registered
23 Posts
listen im pretty much in the same boat that u are in. my thread is right next to yours it's called Get GTS or keep GT. I own a 2002 GT auto and I drive it everyday. yesterday i drove a auto GTS for the first time and the first thing i noticed was how significantly slower the GTS auto was. even with the Manual mode buttons. It took forever to reach 75 with that GTS. Plus I don't have my stock rims on it right now so if I did my car would even be faster. Don't bother with the auto gts.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
I wouldn't really trust carfax. I had reports of my old cars in the past and a lot of crap wasn't on there, including some of my accidents. Call the guy up and ask a lot of questions. Make sure if it's a clean title, any accidents, body dents and scratches... if the guys seems ok and doesn't sound shady go check the car out. I had to drive 70 miles to pick up my gt and that was a lil over a week ago =) driving that far sooo paid off

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I would just get the auto GT. If its just a DD it really doesn't matter in the long run anyways.

And as for the blackberry comment, I get on this website perfectly fine with my blackberry and can click and do everything just like if I was on the actual computer.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Auto GT isn't faster than auto GT-S, both post the same acceleration times. That being said, a GT is the better pick out of the two, will get better mileage and will be an easier drive overall.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think I'm going to get a GT Auto. I do have some questions though, anyone that can answer, feel free.

RPM's cruising at 70mph?

0-60?

Top speed of Auto GT?

If I put 17" rims (The biggest I think it needs, any bigger and it looks weird, IMO) will it make it slower than normal?

Should I keep stock rims?

How many miles do these usually go before finally dieing?

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
RPM's cruising at 70mph? About 3K

0-60? Won't be of much help to you. 1/4 mile is in the order of high 16 to mid 17 if I'm not mistaken

Top speed of Auto GT? Can't say, some have reported 120 mph

If I put 17" rims (The biggest I think it needs, any bigger and it looks weird, IMO) will it make it slower than normal?If the overall diameter is bigger and the rims/tires heavier yes, it will slow you down

Should I keep stock rims? Stocks are 15" on the GT, you could go 16 or 17, looks much better

How many miles do these usually go before finally dieing? If it's in good condition and you take care of it it will see 200K plus happily

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So now I'm going to look for a GT Auto.

I'll probably add the following,

Leather seats. Two tone, Black/Silver or Gray
May leave stock rims, maybe some 16's or 17's.
Fog lights, for some reason I just like them.
New headlights, with Halo Rings, because they're cool. lol
Maybe, paint the top of the car black.
Add a slightly bigger exhaust tip.
Change back lights, nothing flashy, LED
Undecided, moonroof wind deflector?
Maybe, Navigation system to replace stereo.

What could I add to give me a slight performance edge, or to help the engine?

How come on some Celica's the HVAC controls are set up differently and look more modernized? Is it possible to replace older looking controls with the new ones?

·
Registered
917 Posts
simple bolt ons will give you a little added performance. intake/header/exhaust

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.