NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a power source for my backup camera that when I go into reverse the camera will turn on, without tapping into the reverse bulb at the tail light because my sound system blocks it off. Does anyone know where the power source for this is? Pictures and help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
Why not just use a SPDT relay?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Single Pole Dual Throw relay - basically a switch activated by an electrical current (instead of your finger). Hooked into the reverse light circuit it will switch on the camera when the bulb signal goes through it.

Alhtough, it may be easier to find the wire for the reverse "beep" and tap into that? Check the install guide for disabling the "beep", it should say which wire it is.

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Originally posted by voidhawk
Alhtough, it may be easier to find the wire for the reverse "beep" and tap into that? Check the install guide for disabling the "beep", it should say which wire it is.
Good call. And you can find SPDT automotive relays at parts express for around $12.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The back-up lamp wire is red w/ black trace. It goes all over the vehicle. On the Instrument Panel Junction Block it is connector II, pin 1. On the Combination Meter, (Instrument Panel), it is connector C12, pin 21.

BTW, I was able to put 110K miles on my GT-S, WITHOUT a back-up camera. I guess it's because most of those miles were going forward.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts