NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously who is the best of the best in the alarm network?? Besides Lojack!! Well that really isn't an alarm but is hella nice! So out of all here please inform me of your experiences and what you have read as the alarm elite!

Justin

·
Registered
439 Posts
Depending on how much you're willing to spend, you could go with a Compustar. They're great alarm systems and you could use the remote start feature, even if you have a manual tranny. I have that in my ride and I love it. I especially like the fact that it is a 2 way system that pages me when my alarm goes off and tells me exactly which sensor set the alarm off. Also, if someone wanted to page you from your car, all they have to do is knock on the sensor on the windshild, and the remote/pager will inform you of that too. Here is a link to the site so you could learn about it. http://www.compustar.org/intro.html Good luck on finding an alarm that you like.

·
Registered
687 Posts
id say a custom one, suited for your needs

·
Registered
508 Posts
Clifford all the way

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have code alarm with adjustable sensors and a backup siren with its own battery in case the battery connector is cut or taken off. It works very very well in theft detterence, and pisses the hell out of the Toyota mechanics when they service my car and remove the battery terminals. ;)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
My Clifford alarm has a normally open starter and ignition kill. Basically, you HAVE to turn the alarm off to allow the car to start. If you pull the fuse, the car won't start. You would have to find the wires and try to hot wire it. Clifford's also have the BlackJax system which works really well. I know it does, I accidently set it off. I had to push my car back to my garage.

Curt

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
DopeCelicaGT said:
What the hell is blackjax LOL I am alarm illiterate so please help me out here!! And what series Clifford are you guys talking about??

Justin
BlackJax is basically something that immobilizes the car after a set amount of time unless disabled properly. It's an added feature to the starter and ignition kill. I think it's a major pain in the ass.

I have the Clifford 8000 alarm. It's a pain in the ass to install and program, but it's freakin' awesome once it's all done.

Curt

·
Registered
241 Posts
I got my Viper 600Esp for $279 installed..

what alot people arent aware of is the fact that most of the top brand Car Alarms are owed by DEI (Directed Electronic Inc.)

Clifford
Viper
Hornet
Ratler
Wasp
Valet

There are a couple more, If you are serious about an alarm I would go with either a Viper or Clifford, it all depends on what features you want out of the Alarm compare alarms and choose one that best matches your needs

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
DEi does own clifford, but clifford is still better than all the other DEI products. I paid 500 installed for mine. Included remote start, remote windows up/down, BlackJax, hood pin. and the alarm. what i like the most is my wannabe carbon fiber remote!!

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
$500 installed? Damn thats a good price. I gotta shop for one as soon as I get my tax return from.
They take ur money on the spot when you get paid but it takes friggin weeks for them to give it back!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts