NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. But who has the most miles on their celica's stock engine/tranny?
Im at 138k right now..

·
Banned
9,353 Posts
Theres someone on here with over 200K not sure about the condition.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
I have 157,000 miles on my 2000 GT-S. Original engine, tranny was replaced about 300 miles ago. So I guess I had about 157,000 on the original tranny which isn't bad considering how sh!tty the C60 design is (especially for a 2000 model without the updated parts)

·
is killing Hondas
431 Posts
i'm approaching the 100,000 mile mark with 98,XXX on the odometer. still runs like new because of on time schedule maintenance and just got a tune up. drive it hard everyday. toyota's quality is legendary

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
i'm approaching the 100,000 mile mark with 98,XXX on the odometer. still runs like new because of on time schedule maintenance and just got a tune up. drive it hard everyday. toyota's quality is legendary
Tune Up? there is no such thing as a tune up anymore. spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter is part of regular maintenance but since fuel injection and ECU's there is no tune ups. The biggest thing is changing fluids. transmission fluid and engine oil will make the biggest difference in how long your car will last.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I may have the most for stock engine/tranny. 5th gens are built like tanks.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
and what mileage would that be?

·
is killing Hondas
431 Posts
Tune Up? there is no such thing as a tune up anymore. spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter is part of regular maintenance but since fuel injection and ECU's there is no tune ups. The biggest thing is changing fluids. transmission fluid and engine oil will make the biggest difference in how long your car will last.
yeah, that's what i meant.;) i just got all that replaced two weeks ago in addition to the power steering fluid and the accessory belt. i'm just an old car enthusiast who still uses the term "tune up".

·
Oh Hai
4,252 Posts
209,120 miles and still runs great! Just have to keep givin her oil every 600 miles. '00 GT 5 speed.
Took a picture, but, being a Country Hick (and an old one at that) can't figure out how to add it.
ouch got that oil consumption problem huh, for the pics just upload them onto photobucket and then copy and paste the img code onto the post here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Couldn't get the picture to show up, but managed to get the link to attach.
Also, I see my dislexia is getting to me. Actual mileage is 209,102

Thanks Aznboi812 for the assist.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.