NewCelica.org Forum banner

Who is in Wonka's Area??? He needs some help.

905 views 42 replies 22 participants last post by  WillyWonka 
#1 ·
He came home form work to find his entire apartment flooded. Aparanlty the pipe blew on the hot water heater and everything is gone, EVERYTHING. I'm sure he can use a hand sorting through stuff, or just grabbing a beer, and having someone to listen to him rant. He's had enough bad luck in the past year or two, he definitly didn't need this. If anyone can swing by, give him a hand, or take him out. I've offered my house for a place to stay, but it's not exactly around the corner if you get my drift.

#7 ·
I don't know his phone number but if he needs a help tomorrow morning (friday) i'd land a hand in whatever needs be done .. pm me for my phone number or send me his phone number so i can get in contact with him .. i can't offer a place to stay but i'm sure someone else could ..

#12 ·
He doesn't have internet (as his computer was on the floor). The only way he can get online is if he heads into work, and as of last night, he was not planning on doing so. Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell you guys. When I talked to him, he had gone back to work to take a shower, and was headed back to the apt to try and sort through more stuff. Aparantly the apt complex gave him a bed in another apt for the night, not sure how long that is good for. It seems he had alot of important stuff on the floor, or on low lieing bookshelves, etc. Not sure how the clothes situation is, but figure everythig is now mildewy, etc.

#13 ·
Originally posted by dfess1
He doesn't have internet (as his computer was on the floor). The only way he can get online is if he heads into work, and as of last night, he was not planning on doing so. Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell you guys. When I talked to him, he had gone back to work to take a shower, and was headed back to the apt to try and sort through more stuff. Aparantly the apt complex gave him a bed in another apt for the night, not sure how long that is good for. It seems he had alot of important stuff on the floor, or on low lieing bookshelves, etc. Not sure how the clothes situation is, but figure everythig is now mildewy, etc.
Ugh... I will give him a call in an hour or so then. Not sure how late he sleeps, but I don't want to wake him up if he's still sleeping. :eek:

#16 ·
He was planning on sorting through some stuff last night, then getting drunk. Not sure if the getting drunk part happend (though I would have if it were me, at least I did after I lost my celica). Not sure how early of a start he is planning on getting.

#21 ·
Just got off the phone with Will. The carpet has been removed, they have a ton of fans trying to dry stuff out. There's just a lot of water damage, water seeping up anything cotton, wood, etc. A lot of paper work is gone, die has seeped into everything. He is getting a load together to take over to his work's Industrial washer/dryer. But basically most of the stuff is a write off. I'm sure if you look around your place, at the stuff you've held onto since childhood, and see it go, it's pretty rough.

He says thanks for all the support. There isn't much anyone can do (though he only has 3 beers in the fridge, and he doesn't even like the ones he has, so someone can stop by and at least help out in that department). He obviously won't be getting near a computer anytime soon. He is goign to try and start getting back to people, but with the magnetic interfernce (due to all the fans), he's having a hard time getting reception in the apt.

#22 ·
I have a computer for him. Its from a friend that was at the move. not great, only 300mhz, but better than nothing. It could at least get him email again. No monitor though. My friend thinks he can attach his old drive as a secondary drive and try to salvage some of the information from it.

hope you read this or get my PM Will.

I'll get todd to drop off a 4-pack of Celebrator to him tonight. Acutally, if my washer/dryer arrives today as scheduled, i may drop it off myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.