15,564 Posts
Ragnarok is the only one currently

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I've heard that TRIAL also produces a larger bored TB as well. But I guess you will also need to have the intake manifold bored out as well to the same diameter, as you don't want a step which would distrupt the flow of air.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Theres a board member corrently considering it.

Maxbore tried but decided they were too much of a PITA and gave up.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Of course you can always cut off the surge tank from the stock manifold and get a sheet metal peice welded on with a flange for a Mustang or Q45 TB or something.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, the supercharged Celica guys are just sitting on their stock TB? Seems a waste. :(
Bring me more air! :)

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
T88 Elise said:
So, the supercharged Celica guys are just sitting on their stock TB? Seems a waste. :(
Superchargers are a waste - get a turbo ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Boosted2.0 said:
Of course you can always cut off the surge tank from the stock manifold and get a sheet metal peice welded on with a flange for a Mustang or Q45 TB or something.

That would require fabrication. :) For once in my life I'm trying to turbo a car without building the whole thing myself. lol

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
T88 Elise said:
Problem is custom manufacture of parts is gonna cost, ideally a branched intake manifold similar to the exhaust header will maximise flow given R&D, combined with a larger TB.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
I have a 17 month old baby - I can't sit at the computer for long enough stretches to make AIM worthwhile :)

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
T88 Elise said:
Boosted2.0 said:
Superchargers are a waste - get a turbo ;)
How so?
GTS throttlebody is plenty big with 15 or 20 PSI on top of it :D

That Greddy adapter from the end of the SC to the TB is pretty damn restrictive and its not too well designed. But packaging being what it is it had to be like that to get the TB back into the stock location

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
In all seriousness the stock intake is not a restriction on the 2ZZ - its got some beautiful cast in bells on the end of the runners inside it, and the tubes are huge. The TB isn't bad and the Ragnorak one flows 859 CFM at 28" (514 at 10") which is a ton.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
T88 Elise said:
Turbo :D

Or a custom peice. You could also try to extrude hone and/or polish and massage the Greddy peice, but again you're into custom modification, and if you're gonna do that you may as well figure out how to cram an intercooler on as well while you're at it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.