NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want one that is going to rub on anything or squeak at all. Anybody have any suggestions?

------------------
00' Spectra Blue GT-S

TRD Extended Exhaust
Blitz SUS Intake
15% Tint
S2000 Antenna
Painted Calipers

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
That's easy. The NCorg/HyperMotive bars. They can be adjusted by the installer to adjust how high the bar sits. And if you have any problems with installation or anything else you can easily contact me and I will always make sure you are happy. That's worth the extra couple bucks. Not to mention all the other advantages the bar has.

------------------
Best ET [email protected]
AEM Underdrive pulley, Tien Supsension, Wings West Body kit, Erebuni Wing, APC clear corners, Titan Motorsports rear sway bar, Cusco Lower arm bar, NC.org strut front and rear strut bars, Titan Motorsports CAI, TRD Exhaust, OZ Racing f1 cup wheels, Nitto 450 tires, Benevento Dash Kit, MB Autosports hoodscoop, S2000 antenna, polished valve cover, Clarion headunit, Clarion APA2200 100x2 amp, diamond audio 12" sub, fiber glass stealth enclosure w/ lexan top.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
hypermotive is long gone.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Front strut tower bar

This may be an old thread, but I just bought a 2005 GT-S, and am currently looking at a front strut tower bar. Some I'm looking for current recommendations.
Thanks
Mostly stock 2005 GT-S Tsunami Silvercloud Gray - my 3rd Celica (77, 84 GT-S), but this one ROCKS!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
namklak said:
This may be an old thread, but I just bought a 2005 GT-S, and am currently looking at a front strut tower bar. Some I'm looking for current recommendations.
Thanks
Mostly stock 2005 GT-S Tsunami Silvercloud Gray - my 3rd Celica (77, 84 GT-S), but this one ROCKS!!!
I have an APR front strut bar on my car, and it fits wonderful. Although I don't think it makes a whole lot of a difference in handling. If you want to have a noticable difference in the handling of your car then get some Hotchkis front and rear swaybars. The front one is pretty tricky to install, but once you get them on your car will feel totally different (in a good way).

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
namklak said:
Thanks
as far as fitment goes if you buy any of the name brands they fit pretty well, but as far as quality/stiffness i would shy away from apr front strut bars.

the apr bars only provide 4 bolts that secure the bar to the plates while other bars rmm, c-one/beatrush, hypermotive are more secure and beefy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sway bars vs tower struts

I'm not much of a mechanic - what is the difference between a sway bar and a tower strut?
This if probably a driving error on my part, but when I'm accelerating hard in corners, my front end "hops" - usually the inside tire. Am I just pushing too hard, or will a tower strut or sway bar help this? My car only has 17K miles and doesn't seem to have any other suspension "failure".
And it's "Thundercloud Gray".
Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Maybe a little less ignorant now.

Ok, so now I know the difference between a tower strut and sway bars, and a little more about understeer and oversteer. Here is a good link...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oversteer

It appears that the amount of understeer front wheel drive cars have differs between no acceleration and max acceleration. I've noticed in my GT-S when acceleration is almost 0 and I'm in a turn and the tires break loose (due to wet roads for instance), both the front and back tires break lose equally. This implies neutral handling, meaning Toyota did their job. Man I love this car.

But...
When accelerating in a turn, the front tire on the inside of the turn can hop or "shuddering" as the wiki author stated. I think this implies understeer. Are there sway bars that are

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
namklak said:
Ok, so now I know the difference between a tower strut and sway bars, and a little more about understeer and oversteer. Here is a good link...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oversteer

It appears that the amount of understeer front wheel drive cars have differs between no acceleration and max acceleration. I've noticed in my GT-S when acceleration is almost 0 and I'm in a turn and the tires break loose (due to wet roads for instance), both the front and back tires break lose equally. This implies neutral handling, meaning Toyota did their job. Man I love this car.

But...
When accelerating in a turn, the front tire on the inside of the turn can hop or "shuddering" as the wiki author stated. I think this implies understeer. Are there sway bars that are

·
Registered
23 Posts
imp said:
I believe the Hotchkis sways have two settings, soft and hard. Thats not really "adjustable"...but its something. To aid in the traction problem...sways would probably help. Upgrading your tires should be the first step (best mod in my opinion), and an LSD would help as well.
Sorry... LSD???

I think the Hotchkis sways are what I'm looking for... I will be looking for new tires shortly...
Thanks,
-Bob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.