NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew who manufactured Toyotas oil filters? I have heard that they are copys of Purolator Pure one's, But I haven't been able to back that up. Anyone on here know?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Toyota's OEM filters used to be their own design, don't think its changed at all. Last I heard they were still way better than anything you can get thats non OEM.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
i use the toyota oem oil filter every 3 thousand miles with mobil 1 pure synthetic, plus valvoline oil treatment...

my engine is strong and runs smooth...i dont think i will ever put a different oil filter on my car...

-Dustin

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've heard good things about K&N filters too. They seem to allow alot of flow when needed (quicjk actign bypass valve guess). I have heard that some OEM Toyota filters are high quality, but they use cardboard material to hold the media together. Not sure about the Celica filters though. Mobil 1 is supposed to offer very good filtration.

·
Registered
52 Posts
id ther a difference it quality between usa made and japan made toyota filters. most dealerships sell usa but some carry japan.

also what is the no. for GTS filter?

Griffin said:
Toyota's OEM filters used to be their own design, don't think its changed at all. Last I heard they were still way better than anything you can get thats non OEM.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Purolator Pure one is well constructed and low cost. You can get it at Sears for $ 2.60 at sale. As far as flow, there was a post before talking about using bigger filter such as PH2835 for Lexus. You can also check Purolator Pure one L10241 or Warmart SuperTech ST3614 ($1.99 each and well constructed too according to other post) to see if it fit. These two may be same size as Lexus PH2835 with same thread to fit. Please go back to old post to see what it said (The post shows pictures). If it fit, it will give u more filtering power. Make sure you watch to see if it fit well without leaking for a few days. I haven't tried yet. Let us know how it work if you try.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts