NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
possible... But the pics he took are outside of a rims place, and when he took the pics of the interior its night time. The pics taken kinda looks like he is trying to sell something (none artistic looking like show pics) and to show what he has to sell, I kinda give him a benifit of the doubt.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
looks like groupbuy4celica's apr celica, but his had a paint job. maybe its a pic of the car prior to the paint job or he had it painted again

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If its GB4celi then it should have XS on the intercooler but this does not... I just wanna find out what he uses as engine management, right now I am using PowerFC but I would like a better solution :(

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
it is khurram's old car. same rims, same kit, same hood, same side vent, turbo, same interior. he just changed the interior and exterior color.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Originally posted by cool2miketlu
If its GB4celi then it should have XS on the intercooler but this does not... I just wanna find out what he uses as engine management, right now I am using PowerFC but I would like a better solution :(
Good luck ;)

Currently there's a spyder owner who's trying to get an AEM ems (iirc) system working on the 1zz. He isn't getting much help from the the company so he's having a lot of fun.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You mean this guy?
Originally posted by seaspyder
I've looked into an AEM for my turboed 2000 Spyder (1zz). I actually bought a used AEM EMS for a Honda application and made a conversion harness. I could never get the timing to sync. The problem seems to be that the 1zz has a fairly uniqe triggering setup and I think to make it work would require a crank-mounted trigger wheel.

You will find that AEM offers no support for installs on anything other than their supported applications.

I would have kept messing with it but it was starting to take up too much of my time. I sold it for about what I paid and bought a PFC.
He gave up already :(
I do not want to take over where he left off, too much work :(
Wish AEM comes out with EMS for 1ZZ/2ZZ application, but looks like the 1ZZ is no go since its Spyder and Celica is gone there will not be enough market for it :(

·
Registered
435 Posts
Nu Concept said:
it is khurram's old car. same rims, same kit, same hood, same side vent, turbo, same interior. he just changed the interior and exterior color.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Originally posted by CeliKill180
wasnt gb4celica's car liquid silver?
used to be.
Originally posted by cool2miketlu

Wish AEM comes out with EMS for 1ZZ/2ZZ application, but looks like the 1ZZ is no go since its Spyder and Celica is gone there will not be enough market for it :(
the AEM ems will come out soon. my friend's GT is their guniea pig at the moment and it is in the testing stage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts