NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know about the JDM links stickied, but I figured it may still be a good question to ask...
When I get my car back, painted, I'm going to apply for sponsorships for my wheels I want (Advans) as well as some coilovers (either Tein or JICs). Who would I write to in order to apply for these?
I know I probably need to apply to Yokohama for the Advans, but does anyone have any specific EMail addresses for any of these companies' sponsorship programs?

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
They usually have sponsorship info on their sites. Either that or a number to call. I called for my sponsorships.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sponsorship programs aren't popular anymore in japan, but the japanese companies that have branches here in north america (or going to branch out in north america) have some sort of sponsorship program they can actually get something back for sponsoring someone (to help branching out their company). So, contact the US branches of the "JDM" companies that you're interested.

Tein doesn't do showcar sponsorships, only track side sponsorship and it's a reverse sponsorship program (you pay the coilovers at a sponsorship discounted price, as the season goes on if you have some outstanding results that they're happy with your performance, you get money back). If you have track results to send to Tein, contact them to get a sponsorship form send to you. Same program is with Trial USA.

It's better to find a local shop that carries or in contact with the companies that you want to get sponsored by, so you can get hooked up through the shop where they know who to contact in the companies that you're interested in

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Monster Hui said:
Sponsorship programs aren't popular anymore in japan, but the japanese companies that have branches here in north america (or going to branch out in north america) have some sort of sponsorship program they can actually get something back for sponsoring someone (to help branching out their company). So, contact the US branches of the "JDM" companies that you're interested.

Tein doesn't do showcar sponsorships, only track side sponsorship and it's a reverse sponsorship program (you pay the coilovers at a sponsorship discounted price, as the season goes on if you have some outstanding results that they're happy with your performance, you get money back). If you have track results to send to Tein, contact them to get a sponsorship form send to you. Same program is with Trial USA.

It's better to find a local shop that carries or in contact with the companies that you want to get sponsored by, so you can get hooked up through the shop where they know who to contact in the companies that you're interested in
Trial is a bit different tahn you describe. And I know how to go about getting sponsors, I'm just looking for anyone who happens to know the right channels to go thru (i.e. EMail address at Yokohama or something to that effect). Don't worry I'll get it done

·
Registered
257 Posts
Still not sure what you meant by different. Im sure you've been to the trial site and checked out the program they have for the US cars; not much different than other reversed sponsorship programs. I have a feeling that you're looking for a full sponsorships with free parts and such... it's down to what you're looking for and what you can offer the company :)

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Bahm, I beleive the site you are looking for is www.carsponsorships.com LMAO. Sorry....I had to. :)

Monster Hui said:
Sponsorship programs aren't popular anymore in japan,
Hopefully that'll be the next "JDM" trend to catch on here in the states. We could easily do without 99% of the sponsored cars here (outside of racing).

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Speed4TheNeed said:
Bahm, I beleive the site you are looking for is www.carsponsorships.com LMAO. Sorry....I had to. :)

Monster Hui said:
Sponsorship programs aren't popular anymore in japan,
Hopefully that'll be the next "JDM" trend to catch on here in the states. We could easily do without 99% of the sponsored cars here (outside of racing).
grrr. cs.com. Man... I could have 'sponsors' coming out of my ******* thru them if I wanted to, but fvck all those sh*tty decals I would have to have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts