• The Course Workers Getting hit

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • The Weather, Yeah Right!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The 600+mile commute that most of us made

• No Hiphuggers

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • General lack of eye candy as opposed to years passed.

• You actually thought there would be drivers names here?

Votes: 2 33.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given a combined two weekends... who was the biggest disapointment in Ft. Myers?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I almost said the courses, given that they keep running the same stuff over and over again...but who am I to complain? ;) :chuckles:

Workers getting hit is downright scary. I worked between the courses and had a few scary moments myself...Diane Lapusnak got up close and personal in her Z28 Saturday morning...not that close, but got my adrenaline going. After the Z06 incident, I wasn't too excited about going out to work the course again...

I don't have a great historical perspective on the eye-candy, but I was satisfied with that pink shirt I saw on Saturday :AF:

As for a "disappointing" car/driver...what happened to Britt in the Cooper S?? Really fast on Saturday at the Tour, then coned out Sunday and was a non-factor at the Pro???

Anyone know of others campaigning Cooper S's this year?

·
Registered
346 Posts
:naughty:

I got to work Station 3 on the right course Sat am with the pink shirt.....though it certainly wasn't a shirt she was wearing. I rarely am a dirty old man, but for this one time I played the role well. I never missed so many downed cones, cause I sure had something to look at right at the station. Dave Newman was taking pictures not too far away, and he said he was going to snap one off of the two of us and email it to my wife....Marc Dana told me I was old enough to be her father. So two hours + of that scenery was quite satisfactory.

The biggest disappointment for me was the overall brain fade that seemed to permeate the goings on. I mean, I almost got run over by Andy Hollis working that back spot, though he might have been distracted by his now 3 cylinder motor. But the other 4 drivers that did the same thing to me that shift didn't have that excuse. The worker hit was partially their fault. They were 65' away from where they should have been standing, and it was obvious to me just from looking at the course that where they got tagged wasn't a proper place to be.

Course speeds should have been just a little slower, though from what I was told in an email this morning, a Z06 on Hoosiers is on the limiter at 68, so hey, we might have been faster through the lights than the Vettes!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
No Hugger... Definitely a let down after going to 'Babes'. :thumbdown

I liked the courses of both the Tour and Pro, but didn't drive either one particularly well. They were fast... I have to believe we were 70+ coming through the finish of the Pro, although I never had the sack to look.

I think my second biggest let down would be missing the super challenge by one spot, but I deserved to not be that close anyway, after choking from 1st to 7th on Saturday afternoon. :wtc:

Regardless, I had fun...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
leaving high 80's low 90's sunshine to return to a wet sloppy low 40's.
Not being able to spend more than 3 days in Key West.
Sortage of snow crab claws in the Keys. (no shortage of alcohol tho!)
Finding a large screw in one of our new Hoosiers while driver was in pre-grid at the pro.
Driver red lighting her first run in the challenge. Her only red light of the weekend. (car crept forward while she was held at the line waiting for an off the pavement spin to clear the course.)
Courses that required a major amount of 3rd gear, drag strips are for shifting contests.

Non disapointments:
Winning the bonus challenge.
Driver winning GSL by 3.2 sec
Seeing Rick's mom get her first national trophy! Congratulations Carol!
Email from Hoosier deciding that Driver's win deserved two tires.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
pitcrew said:

Why? She drove well, but there were only 4 people in her class, one of which, I wouldn't even consider a class contender at almost 16 seconds off the pace.

I'm glad you got the tires, but I get frustrated when there are contingency rules, and then exceptions are made. I'm guessing Richard Warren, who only won BSP by 2.3 seconds in a 4 car field that had a spread from top to bottom of 4.267 seconds would be thrilled to hear about this... - AB

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I am pretty certain that companies can help support the sport in any way they see fit, and are free to break their own rules or make new ones as they see fit. We had already been working with them. You are free to persue any sponsorship deals you like, I don't question why your claimed sponsors help you.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Chuck, I'm not looking to argue this, but this is not a sponsorship issue. The issue is contingency and how it is awarded. If Hoosier is giving Donna tires because Hoosier wants to award her outside of the contigency, that's fine, if you've worked that out. If the award is a contigency based award that falls outside the parameters of the contigency program, then why have the rules in place to begin with?

BTW, we don't have 'claimed' sponsorships. They actually have provided us goods/services/money. Do you actually think we would put the decals on the car to look good? Let's get real. - AB

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
pitcrew said:
Can I change my vote?

Of course Hoosier is free to change their own rules and support the sport however they see fit. But what in the world warranted an exception here? Seriously, what compelling argument could you possibly make?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
It was NOT a contingency award! Like I said before, I don't question anyone else's sponsorship arrangements, nor do I feel the need to justify anything to anyone here. What compelling arguement can you two make for always criticizing everything we say or do? Get a life! That is all.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
pitcrew said:
Like I said before, I don't question anyone else's sponsorship arrangements
Right...Categorizing our sponsors as "claimed" wasn't questioning them at all. :bs:

Enjoy the handouts.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
pitcrew said:
What compelling arguement can you two make for always criticizing everything we say or do?
I don't like to see BS floating around untagged...it could harm the uninformed reader...I provide a public service.

Think about it.

:burnout:

·
Registered
82 Posts
It may have been warm in Ft. Meyers, but it sure is ~COLD~ in here!:eek:

I have a funny feeling that number indicates seconds in some form of comparison.

.....Back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Myself, if I were awarded/given a tire for my efforts, I would be very happy!

I'm not sure what the fuss is here.

Scott

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
claimed; verb pt, to assert a right to or take possession of.
A perfectly reasonable use of the word. I didn't put it quotes, which gives it a completely different meaning, you did.
quote: "...what compelling arguement could you possibly make?"
I'm sorry, I didn't know you were the sponsorship police!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
pitcrew said:
claimed; verb pt, to assert a right to or take possession of.
A perfectly reasonable use of the word. I didn't put it quotes, which gives it a completely different meaning, you did.
quote: "...what compelling arguement could you possibly make?"
I'm sorry, I didn't know you were the sponsorship police!
Silly me. I assumed you used claimed in the sense of:
"To state to be true, especially when open to question"

I made the "compelling argument" statement when under the impression it was a contingency award. "Hoosier deciding that Driver's win deserved two tires" made it sound that way to me...silly me, again. Mega-kudos to you for working out that sponsorship deal...clearly a coup.

While we're getting down to lexicographical brass tacks, which "pointless" definition is at work on your team?
1. Lacking meaning; senseless
or
2. Ineffectual???

Bryan

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
No driver has a great day every time, that's understandable and what makes it interesting. Different people compete and win at different times. I hope to do better each time I compete, we all do.
As to your 17 whatever, I assume you were comparing Donna and my times to yours and Aarons???? So you two beat a guy twice your age with 3 1/2 years AX experience, and a woman your mother's age??? BFD!!!! Be happy about your win, but don't put me down because I didn't win. Just because someone doesn't have as good reflexes, doesn't mean they don't have intellegence or knowlege. Dean Smith probably couldn't beat a good highschool basketball player while coaching UNC, but he sure knew the game and how to win. The best NASCAR drivers wouldn't ever win without a knowlegable crewchief.
Jeez guy I even congratulated you on your win! WTF?
As far as the meaning of TEAM POINTLESS, it has a story behind it, and has over 300 members across the country, but you should change your name to NO-CLASS!
If you have a personal problem with me or my wife, come see me about it.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Hmmm, I think this is going to be the first thread ever locked in the autocross forum.

For those of you that want to make this a personal thing that what the "Private message" function is for.

Scott

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.