NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I've taken out an 02' 328i twice from a roll, and i believe it was a 5 speed. U should be able to pull in 3-4 gear pretty good.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Brother Mark said:
but overall bmw's are pieces of ****
go line up with an m3 and then try to say that.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
charlez13 said:

go line up with an m3 and then try to say that.
I have, and then after I toasted him, I said it again ;)

And as for who will win, a 328 will RAPE you. An auto will rape you because it can preload the drivetrain and pull damn near it's BEST 1320 time (although that MIGHT be slower than yours)...and it will run that time consistant. A 5speed will also rape you if driven even remotely equal. If your in a stock GTS, unless it's a Viper, don't **** with a 328.

·
Registered
493 Posts
BMWs are underestimated... they are great cars and have lots of potential and great top end...its the only "affordable" car that can maintain performance close to more exotic cars (i am talking about M3 and M5). you definetely dont want to race anything above 325! on the highway, unless it has a speed governor will walk you slowly.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I've found that my Supra was pretty cost effective for $20grand...like most reasonable BMW's...and I'm more than happy with the performance. I don't know about ONLY affordable car that can maintain performance...but I get your point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts