NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just bought a '91 Isuzu Impulse RS (1.6L AWD Turbo) and he wants to race me at E-Town next week or so. I have a '00 GTS 6 speed and my best run at e-town is about a 14.8 at 98mph! I have an AEM cold air, and TRD exhaust, and have recently installed a B&M Short shifter. Does anyone know if these old school AWD's are any quick, has anyone raced them before? I just want to know what I am getting into. By the way, his Impulse is stock and he says it will be getting a boost controller and a new pressure pipe. I told him he's crazy and that it will be no contest against my GTS.

What's the deal with these cars are they something with any potential? I know that they only put out about 160hp/150lb.ft. stock so that's why I am not so worried. Let me know if you think he even has a chance.

thanks :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
by that 14.8 you got id say you're a decent GTS driver :)

you should take him no problem.

aannnddd will everybody quit asking "do you think i will win?"

sheettaaaaaappp and just race
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,903 Posts
Originally posted by 00TRDGT-S
by that 14.8 you got id say you're a decent GTS driver :)

you should take him no problem.

aannnddd will everybody quit asking "do you think i will win?"

sheettaaaaaappp and just race
I ran 14.0 @ 98 mph so I think he's got at least soome room for improvement. ;)

I dunno anything about them but I think you have a better than average chance at winning
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,407 Posts
'91 Isuzu Impulse RS (1.6L AWD Turbo)
0-60 in like 7+ sec. Comparable cars are the Toyota Celica Alltrac and the Mitsubishi Galant VR4/Eclipse GSX for that year.

Reading the posts on Isuzone.net (http://www.kipanderson.net/forum/index.php?) They are running 12 psi, and racing 350z & WRX's, tossing the engine in a Geo and running Mustang GT's. Engine seems to have some pep to it.

Could be intersting... Let us know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by 00silverGTS6spd
I ran 14.0 @ 98 mph so I think he's got at least soome room for improvement. ;)

I dunno anything about them but I think you have a better than average chance at winning

:werd: with 98 MPH you should be alot faster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
00silverGTS6spd said:
I ran 14.0 @ 98 mph so I think he's got at least soome room for improvement. ;)

I dunno anything about them but I think you have a better than average chance at winning
Not without some seriouse mods you didnt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by 03SilverGTS
Not without some seriouse mods you didnt.
i/e. That is it. he is currently running 13.7 with i/e/PFC.

I believe a bit of weight reduction onboth runs.

he ran a 13.9 before the drag radials and power FC


he has vids, slips. etc etc. Seeing your registration date you havent been here for any of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
i/e. That is it. he is currently running 13.7 with i/e/PFC.

I believe a bit of weight reduction onboth runs.

he ran a 13.9 before the drag radials and power FC


he has vids, slips. etc etc. Seeing your registration date you havent been here for any of it.
I have been around since this forums first week of being open buddy, never bothered to register. No need to be a smart ass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
'00 GTS v. '91 Impulse

Thanks for the posts, I will definitely give you guys an update when we race. My friend is like 19 and he's really juiced about getting what he thinks is a poor man's WRX. I have been drag racing for years and so my experience and the fact that I have an extremely light weight 00 Celica GTS will definitely help.
It has no ABS, and has cloth seats and it only weighs a bit over 2400 pounds.

I also just got a set (front tires only) of Michelin Pilot Primacy tires and they are friggin sticky, can barely break them loose. Should help my launch and my 60' times.

I will post my time slips when we go, should be soon.

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
Originally posted by 03SilverGTS
I have been around since this forums first week of being open buddy, never bothered to register. No need to be a smart ass.
:bs: .......:gap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,903 Posts
this one is 14.0 @ 94 dont have time to search for the other one. it's around somewhere :)
www.ksbservices.com/vids/mevsmustanggt.wmv

hey when the video starts make sure you check out the flags I circled :gap: that would be 20 - 30 mph head winds we had that day :chuckles: and yes thats really a mustang gt that got whooped on. we were the first cars down the lanes and he left immediately after the run :rofl:

www.ksbservices.com/vids theres quite a few vids in that folder of me and my teamates doing things celicas shouldnt be able to do :D
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top