NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so much more expensive than brands like say.. autometer? it seems like autometer is a pretty respectable brand. i've seen their gauges go for like 40-50 dollars; brands like apexi, blitz, etc go for like 150-250. why? what are we paying for in a japanese gauge? the name? is there a quality difference?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
One word: accuracy.

I had experience with an autometer boost gauge that was 3.5psi off!! Apparently, this wasn't an isolated case.

In contrast, my Blitz boost gauge read perfect!

·
Registered
225 Posts
its all about quality in the product all gauges like blitz greddy defi apex'i have really good systems and parts and sensors that come with them and are very easy to install basicaly plug and play . all the sensors are small and easy to install .

for example the auto meter boost gauge is simple installs with some brass fittings and a peace of small plastic tubing while
say a greddy boost guage comes with a boost sensor so there is no vacume running into the cabin of the car . there is just 150% more technology in HIGH end guages . all 60 mm guages from all japanese companies record date so you can go over your run and see what your stats where with the vitals

most people that i know and have bought hi-end guages found the difference qucik in the quality of the product compared to say AUTOMETER

·
Registered
212 Posts
autometer gauges are not accurate, you find the bigger brands are accurate, i used autometer in my last vehicle..i will never use them again, blitz for me baby:gap:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for your (varying) opinions guys. i'll go with what most of you guys are saying and i'll get JDM. what do you think about this one?

http://hopupracing.com/blrameblse.html

i'm gonna be getting the oil pressure gauge in preparation for my turbo :gap: i want the boost gauge as well but i think i will just use the boost monitoring funtion on my blitz SBCID BC because i spent so much $$ on the turbo system already

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow, with the blue lighting, the gauges look all business. very clean and serious appearance. HMM....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts