NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it neccassary. Why cant we use unleaded when running a turbo.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
unleaded all octance besides deisel, not sure about that ****.
higher compression?? the fuel needs to be more stable, higher octance less likely for predetonation. I gutess u mean for gt, well turbo would be adding more air in the mix.. so better octance so no predetonation because everything would be at a much higher compression with forced induction; bigger more efficient explosion

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
like i said, unleaded is premium or any other octane for that matter.. gt-s has high compression NA so it requires a more stable fuel..
im not positive about the octane a turbo gt will need but i am sure itd be the best idea to go premium, because the efficiency of the engine is raised, the explosions are bigger and air is literally shoved into the cyliners rather than vaccumed

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
slidr said:
Never use unleaded gasoline, especially if you have a turbo.
sometimes you can break appart pencils and put the lead in your gas tank for extra Hp... higher the lead higher the hp ratio.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Basically premium fuel can be compressed longer and further than say 87 octane before it ignites. In higher compression engines such as the 2zzge this is necessary other wise you will have pre detonation< I think thats what its called when the cylinder fires to early AKA missfire which is not good for the engine. You guys using sugar are fools, I use e-85+ vegetable shortining and its 10 times better than a diesel sugar mix. :thumbup:

·
Registered
903 Posts
also known as knocking. how does sugar help? I thought its bad. Supposedly it doesnt dissolve in gasoline and blocks the passages and damages stuff. someone clarify.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Humor>you. We are all just joking around. Please do not put any of these things in you tank and if you do get it on tape. :D

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
140 GT said:
NOICE. ill try sugar first, then deisel.
Not just normal Diesel, Vin diesel. Each arm adds 40hp.

·
Banned
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TRDAzNSpEeDeR said:
also known as knocking. how does sugar help? I thought its bad. Supposedly it doesnt dissolve in gasoline and blocks the passages and damages stuff. someone clarify.
are you serious right now. All these tails about people from florida must be true after all.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
says the kid who doesn't know that premium fuel is unleaded...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.