NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's no forum for it? How so? Why wouldn't it be fine in Buyer/Seller Feedback?

Usually, when someone places an order, they pay up and wait for delivery, right? So, this guy is out a couple grand for his turbo kit but can't get anyone to call him back. I can see why he's sweating it. So, he's go to the best place he can to try to get some answers.

Now, where it gets fishy is Stafford is sponsor. They pay for their presence here, helping offset your expenses to run the site. And who knows, could be some other goodies on the side, sort of fringe benefits. Ya know, just like a free video game. I'm not begrudgin you these perks, just saying that they surely exist.

When you shut down a thread by defending Stafford as being just too busy to respond to a customer, the conflict of interests is pretty clear. You need Stafford and sponsors like them. What's just one, faceless user to shut down?

Clearly, this forum gets the most traffic and threads, perhaps only short of OT. So, it makes sense this guy wants to reach out to as many as possible to get an answer since Stafford has gone silent.

That said, moving it Buyer/Seller Feedback is more appropriate than locking that thread. All that does is make somebody wonder what you're trying to protect.

Another faceless user,

Mike

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not so.

Just wonder why Larry can't let Stafford speak for themselves. This is between a customer and a company. If this guy is getting ripped, he should be able to let the rest of us know about it.

Simple as that. No reason for Larry to protect them by stepping in and locking the thread.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by DaileyDog
Not so.

Just wonder why Larry can't let Stafford speak for themselves. This is between a customer and a company. If this guy is getting ripped, he should be able to let the rest of us know about it.

Simple as that. No reason for Larry to protect them by stepping in and locking the thread.
i am SURE larry wasnt protecting them. But i do agree that buyer/seller feedback might have been a good choice

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
If larryd locked the previous thread, there's no reason for this one. Please PM larryd if you need an explanation.

:closed:

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
I locked this thread because General Discussion and Buyer Seller feedback forum are not correct locations for a thread asking if anyone has heard from another person. Regardless of the fact that they are a site sponsor I would have closed the thread. If you want to contact someone directly then contact them via phone, email, or private message. I have not ever and do not intend on letting people post threads saying have anyone got in touch with so and so.

If he wants to post a thread in buyer/seller feedback about his experience and the lack of customer service then thats on him to do. His original thread did not state that though. He asked a question, I answered it and closed it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.