NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so, i recently (a month ago lmao) got a set of new wheels and tires off my friend. i went from my stockies 195/60r15 to 215/50r17s. the thing is that when i turn the wheel all the way to one side, the inner wall corner starts rubbing against the wheel well, so i have three options i think... a. get new tires on the front, cause the problems only on the front and bring it down to 215/45 and do the lower on the front look. b. get wheel spacers but idk if that will make it rub against the fender, or c remove/cut the wheel well plastic. a friend of mine also told me that i could just roll the fenders but i dont see how that would help since its not rubbing against the fender :confused: so i dont really see how that would help. so what do you guys think? if you have another option i would really appreciate it:gap:

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
To answer this question you first need to provide the specs for the wheels. It's not a tire problem, 215 tires even in 50 aspect ratio on a 17" wheel shouldn't rub. You'll still have the problem even if you switch to 215/45. You probably have a high wheel offset combined with a wide wheel.

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the wheel was painted over and stuff and my friend doesnt really remember what the brand was so im really not sure the actual dimensions are, i dont think there is much of an offset, it seems like its normal. would a shop be able to tell me what the problem is? and would rolling my fender wells ACTUALLY solve my problem?

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
The wheel specs are cast with the wheel, painting the wheels doesn't get rid of the casting unless they filled it in. Take the wheel off and check on the inner side for numbers. 17x? and ET45 or similar.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, so I took a looksie yesterday while changing my brakes n I found the following, they are Alessio wheels, turbo r426 model. Dimensions are "7.5j x 17H2" with ET33. Can u tell me anything as to what's going on?

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
I don't quite understand why you are rubbing with those wheel specs, even with 215/50 tires. Are you sure the wheel well plastic is properly in place? Are you dropped?

·
Premium Member
6,093 Posts
I dont think you know what offset is.
take a picture, itll be a hell of a lot easier for us to tell.

You probably have a high wheel offset combined with a wide wheel.
high offset skinny wheels rub inner wheel well as well.

You will only rub with 7.5's if you have
offsets higher than 45 or lower than 20
lowered more than 3.5"

even with 215/50s you shouldnt be rubbing anything if you lowered 2.5 or less

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey guys, sorry to revive such an old topic but, i have a question about the wheel well, in the inner part i see some holes that could be plugged in by aplug (like the ones around the fender) or the ones from the heat shield under the hood. is that what they are for? cuz mines dont have any plugs on em

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I am rubbing right now.

I got TRD T3's with 30offset.
Bridgestone 225-45-17.

I think I need a fender roll. I am going get the car on stands and use a jack to compress the suspension, and see what point it rubs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.