NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm already starting to understand that pain of needing a 5x100 bolt pattern rim... nothing locally, and really not that much online (new) either. Yet... Honda/Dodge-Ford/everything... 5x114, is everywhere. Lots of guys use wheel adapters... so why not one that swaps to the Honda pattern? Too easy? Am i missing something?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I had spacer adapters to fit my last set of wheels (stock evo 8 wheels).
They worked well and I had no problems with them but they did require filing of the studs so when I got my current wheels I had to re-stud.

Although you are correct about a lack of wheel styles in the bolt pattern vs 5x114, there still are some. For your specific size requirements there are some pretty cheap replicas that would work. I believe XXR makes most of their wheels in 17x8 +35.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had spacer adapters to fit my last set of wheels (stock evo 8 wheels).
They worked well and I had no problems with them but they did require filing of the studs so when I got my current wheels I had to re-stud.

Although you are correct about a lack of wheel styles in the bolt pattern vs 5x114, there still are some. For your specific size requirements there are some pretty cheap replicas that would work. I believe XXR makes most of their wheels in 17x8 +35.
In MY case though... looking for used, the spacers might be the way to go. Even the cheapest XXR's are gonna run close to a grand, once the exchange, shipping and duty are paid. New anything is out of the question.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts